Old 03-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #11
Originally Posted by chuckteri View Post
Make sure with the Water Thief that you have two clamps that fit over the thief when it is installed and watch how mjuch pressure you run thro it. It will blow up. Chuck and Terry.
OK - if needed, however to fill a f/w tank that is not done under pressure so no clamps needed - only needed if using to attach to city water using a water thief - a dicey connection at best, though with clamps it may work. But who has a city water connection not threaded?

PS: saw the post about the high-pressure potable water spigot. Even so, since the f/w fill is not a closed circuit, the HOSE would not be pressurized.

PPS: OK, if you put a hose nozzle on the end to shut it off or slow it down, then it would be under some up to a lot of pressure, so, you know, if you don't have hose clamps, don't close it off at the other end....

2016 Forester 2401R
MNtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:58 AM   #12
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
A typical RV including Sunseeker is 8' wide. Is there anyone who does not carry 12' or more of fresh water hose that would reach around to the other side near the rear of the unit (no extra length to run up the side)? I mean, there's no guarantee even in a campground with water hookup it will necessarily be within 10' of the unit.
Since I have not taken a single trip yet in my new RV, most of what I know has some from reading about the experiences of others, although I did rent a RV a couple of times. I actually bought (2) fresh water hoses. One 25' to use as a connection to the RV, just for the reason above. And another 50' to attach to the 25' so that I can fill my fresh water tank at home while the RV is parked in the street. I would think this would be a typical approach for many, but maybe not.

newRVer is online now   Reply With Quote