Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-18-2014, 05:42 AM   #21
Tinkerer and Putterer

Well hopefully I can close things out cleanly. It looks like I won't be able to get to the factory before my warranty runs out so I'll need to go to the dealer. If I have problems with the work or find water related damage that can be traced back to this leak after my warranty is out, will it still be covered since the original issue was submitted prior to my warranty expiring?
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 09:14 AM   #22
Commercial Member

Just make sure you get it documented and you should be fine.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:02 AM   #23

I was surprised when I went up on the roof of our Sunseeker. Surprised to find the side rails covering a joint between the pebbled fiberglass roof and the plastic or fiberglass rolled side piece. I had assumed the roof was one piece rolling over the sides. Disappointing.

The rails are lightly caulked, the screws are not caulked, and the rails form a bathtub to catch water. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had an Eternabond tape job in my future. I plan to do it when the weather warms up. The good news is the light amount of caulking will make the tape application go more smoothly.
Old 03-29-2014, 05:35 AM   #24
Plain Old Member

The 2 biggest complaints I had about the design of this roof was 1, what Snowman mentioned. The roof held water after a rain, or from the AC condensation, which stayed there until it evaporated or you took off down the highway. 2, seemed like the cap (on top) was way higher than the roof level, requiring a LOT of sealant to close the gap. Seems like the cap could have had a more snug fit. Every one I've seen was like this.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2012, led