Old 06-29-2016, 07:41 PM   #1

Finally had to do it - Eternabond

My 2013 3011DS just starting showing signs of caulk failure at the cabover. I didn't take any before pics because it looked like everyone else's that has posted about leaks. Fortunately, I have been closely monitoring mine and was able to do this before suffering any water intrusion. A couple minor twists, a few air bubbles, but overall it turned out pretty good. I definitely got better at it the more I did. I will sleep better now.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0520.JPG
Views:	292
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	112624   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0515.JPG
Views:	285
Size:	126.4 KB
ID:	112625   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0516.JPG
Views:	268
Size:	121.3 KB
ID:	112626   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0517.JPG
Views:	277
Size:	131.2 KB
ID:	112627   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0519.JPG
Views:	288
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	112628  

Old 06-29-2016, 08:09 PM   #2

Looks good. All these leaks post have me paranoid. Think I will do the same soon.

Forester 2451s

Old 06-29-2016, 09:41 PM   #3

Nice job..best wishes.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:02 PM   #4

...and one last thing - how ridiculous is this lens issue?!?!

I can't believe the entire world is out of the Glo Brite 122Y lens and there is nothing to replace it with. Why has some manufacturer not picked up on the demand for this stupid lens as it was used on Winnebago's and Forest River products? For literally a couple bucks manufacturing and they could sell them for a huge markup.

I would pay $40 for one of these stupid lenses right now. I wish I would have caught a thread earlier and switched them to LED and silicone them on permanently before one fell off.

Try to find some sort of replacement that fits the molded cap in the shape opf these lights...no dice. Yes, I could switch to the round ones, but my cap is painted around these lights so there's no good option. How frustrating!

The others are ready to just fall off as well, not sure what happens over time there but if you have the older oval lights, do yourself a favor and switch the bulbs to LED and then silicone the lenses on there now before you lose one.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:40 PM   #5

One of mine fell off and so I replaced the two outermost amber lenses with red lenses. It was easy to find the red ones. I siliconed all of the lenses on at that time.

Since only one of mine was lost and I replaced two that means I still have one amber lens. It's not for sale.

Though if I was smart I'd remove all of these lights and replace them, then sell the remaining 5 Amber lenses for some significant profit.
Old 06-30-2016, 08:00 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creativepart View Post
I still have one amber lens. It's not for sale.
I'll give you $60 for that lens! ....or name your price
Old 06-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #7

Finally had to do it - Eternabond

I have two - but just call Blake sales 7739273350 - Google it he was a glo brite dealer and has a bunch - nice job on the roof btw
Old 06-30-2016, 01:18 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylilymd View Post
I have two - but just call Blake sales 7739273350 - Google it he was a glo brite dealer and has a bunch - nice job on the roof btw
Checked there already...only red left, but thanks anyway.
Old 06-30-2016, 05:10 PM   #9

Nice job. I have 4 rolls on order and plan to do both my motorhome and park model next week. Did you feel the need to use Dicor lap sealant around the tape (it doesn't look like you did in your photos)? I wasn't planning on using it, but some did in the videos I've been watching.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:13 PM   #10

Thanks, I think it would add a finishing touch to caulk around it but do not think it's necessary. Once you roller the tape down hard you can see the grey sealant edging out a bit and that stuff simply does not come up if adhered correctly.

Tags
eternabond