Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #1

Finally stumped - 3011 living room lights

Hi all,

Proud owner of a new 2013 3011DS. Plan to write extensively about buying new from RVWholesalers, my great experience at Quadra having levelers installed, my factory tour, and new rig but have been busy modifying etc.

All is very very good with my rig - few minor "corrections" I've made, but initial quality has been excellent.

This one has me stumped though. There is a switch blank on my control panel labeled "Living Room Light" next to "Kitchen Light" (switch is there for kitchen light). With all lights turned on the forward two ceiling leds on the curb side, which I assume would correlate to the "living room light" do not light up. I cannot find any other way to turn these on. Does anyone else have similar in their 3011?

I plan to take the fixtures out of the ceiling and look at wires then look for them behind the panel and add a switch if it’s that easy, but otherwise will likely tap them in to the kitchen switch if the wires take the same path as those further back in the roof.

Any info is appreciated - thanks!
EXTremist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTremist View Post
Hi all,

Proud owner of a new 2013 3011DS. Plan to write extensively about buying new from RVWholesalers, my great experience at Quadra having levelers installed, my factory tour, and new rig but have been busy modifying etc.

All is very very good with my rig - few minor "corrections" I've made, but initial quality has been excellent.

This one has me stumped though. There is a switch blank on my control panel labeled "Living Room Light" next to "Kitchen Light" (switch is there for kitchen light). With all lights turned on the forward two ceiling leds on the curb side, which I assume would correlate to the "living room light" do not light up. I cannot find any other way to turn these on. Does anyone else have similar in their 3011?

I plan to take the fixtures out of the ceiling and look at wires then look for them behind the panel and add a switch if it’s that easy, but otherwise will likely tap them in to the kitchen switch if the wires take the same path as those further back in the roof.

Any info is appreciated - thanks!
Just wondering why not add to list with other warranty items? Ceiling wiring can be very difficult.
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 06:09 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
Just wondering why not add to list with other warranty items? Ceiling wiring can be very difficult.
Thanks for the response, however I have no "other warranty items". The corrections I have made were very minor like locks turned around on stoarge doors, main door closure adjust, HWH drain plug not tight enough etc. The generator meter/clock wasn't working and that was just a loose wire behind the panel.

The biggest was the right hand side of the microwave was not screwed to the cabinet mount rim. This involved notching the top rim plate that should overlap with the top edge of the microwave itself. In this case the rim piece was too long preventing the full overlap so they just "pressure fit" the microwave in with screws on the forward side only. You could push the microwave past the mount on the rearward side if you pushd hard enough. I notched the rim with a tin snips and put the 2 screws in the rear side - solid now.

No need to bring my new coach in and let a dealer have it for however long when I can fix just about anything myself...and know it is done correctly. Wiring of any type is really no issue for me - have a dgree in electronics and spent years doing celluar phone, alarm, and stereo work in vehicles in a previous life.

I drove/camped this rig back to Minnesota from Ohio over a week and everything worked great. Too bad it has been sitting here burning propane in the frozen north ever since. The list of mods is growing by the day. Just installed an Audiovox AVDBR1 blu-ray, DVD, MP3 combo player for the main TV yesterday. Waiting for EMS-HW30C and Trimetric 2025RV to arrive by Friday.

Cheers
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #4
Commercial Member

The front living room lights on the Forester should be controlled by a ROUND dimmer switch. The Sunseeker has a switch on the panel...Forester does not.

Look for that dimmer. The old ones were slide switch, the new one is a black knob. Should be on the wall somewhere.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #5

Thanks Mr. Clemens - I found it. The rotary dimmer only works the driver side row of overheads, but there is another switch on the refridgerator wall next to the range top that operates the 2 most forward curb-side overheads.
Old 04-26-2013, 09:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXTremist View Post
Thanks Mr. Clemens - I found it. The rotary dimmer only works the driver side row of overheads, but there is another switch on the refridgerator wall next to the range top that operates the 2 most forward curb-side overheads.
Great. BCLEMENS is like a FR dealer, beats digging out your ceiling for a wiring change!
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote