Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2017, 04:09 PM   #1

Thumbs up First Outing !

Well my wife and I were lucky enough to grab a cancellation @ Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, Florida. It was a great 5 days at the beach with our dogs and our new MH ! The 7 hr drive was fun and uneventful as the MH drove really well. Hook-up was a breeze and within about an hour after we were in the clear Gulf surf! Everything worked as advertised ! I have a few questions, but for now the 95 degrees has the pool calling my name,
TnG2291 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:28 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnG2291 View Post
Well my wife and I were lucky enough to grab a cancellation @ Henderson Beach State Park in Destin, Florida. It was a great 5 days at the beach with our dogs and our new MH ! The 7 hr drive was fun and uneventful as the MH drove really well. Hook-up was a breeze and within about an hour after we were in the clear Gulf surf! Everything worked as advertised ! I have a few questions, but for now the 95 degrees has the pool calling my name,

Sounds great! Enjoy the beach and have a beer or 10
Raz6200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 06:33 PM   #3
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Glade to hear all is well with your new MH Enjoy Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:57 AM   #4

We just left TOPSAIL 3 weeks ago. Previously stayed at Henderson. Checked out Grayton. In our opinion, HENDERSON is the BEST!!
Best beach access. We were there during the recent STORM. Beach was CLOSED for 4 days!! Had it booked 6 months in advance. UGH!! Ate again at Fudpuckers and spent $$$ in arcade. Bad weather and beaches do not mix. TRAM at Topsail sucks!! Runs on the hour but is incredibly busy! Like going to Disney. Get in line and wait, and wait, and wait!!
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 07:12 PM   #5

Yes.....Henderson is a great park....clean and the beaches are amazing! We also stayed there over Christmas in a rental. We also made it to Port St. Joe that trip and it is as good if not better! We have our next trip booked a little farther south at the end of Aug to St. George Island State Park. Fingers crossed it as nice as all the other Florida State Parks ! I'll have to check out the places you mentioned as well!
TnG2291 is offline   Reply With Quote