Old 03-17-2017, 08:05 AM   #1

First time in cold weather

Since we live in Florida I never worry about cold weather and winterizing or motorhome. This forum helps a lot. I have one question. There is s lever below the shower that has to do with this process but I can't find in my manuals what it does. Can someone help?

BMW Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 09:32 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
Since we live in Florida I never worry about cold weather and winterizing or motorhome. This forum helps a lot. I have one question. There is s lever below the shower that has to do with this process but I can't find in my manuals what it does. Can someone help?

All of us "up North" are wishing we were down there right now! It is helpful to include the model number/year of your unit in these posts to get a more precise answer. In my SunSeeker 2017 MBS 2400 W the lever under the shower is next to the access door to the water pump, and diverts the pump from pulling water from the FW tank to a hose that is inside that compartment. With the lever in the "winterize" position, put the hose into a bottle of anti-freeze to circulate it into your plumbing. Be sure you have by-passed the water heater and removed the water filter cartridge from its housing. Have your partner man the water pump switch as you go from outside shower to shower, sinks, and toilet/toilet sprayer. The pump makes quick work of a gallon of anti-freeze, and it is easy to waste. For my unit, about 2 gallons was enough. I guess FR thinks we are all geniuses, as my manual makes no mention of this hose. In our walk-through it was pointed out.

Enjoy your trip!

Bob & Cynthia.

Old 03-17-2017, 03:49 PM   #3

Thanks. My unit is a 2017 Forester 2401W so basically identical to your unit.
Old 03-18-2017, 08:47 AM   #4

Bob do you know if our unit has a low point drain for clearing the lines? I in a but of a quandary. I really don't need to completely winterize but I am facing a couple of cold nights before I head out again and I was thinking of draining the lines and water heater if practical.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:25 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW Rider View Post
Bob do you know if our unit has a low point drain for clearing the lines? I in a but of a quandary. I really don't need to completely winterize but I am facing a couple of cold nights before I head out again and I was thinking of draining the lines and water heater if practical.

On our SunSeeker 2400W, the low point access is underneath just in front of the rear bumper on the passenger side. There is a circular plastic "port" about 6" in diameter. Unscrew this and you will see some plumping coming out of the corner of the FW tank with a valve and downspout... open that valve to drain the tank. Reach inside and you will find a couple of hoses with caps that are low points for the hot and cold water.
Old 03-18-2017, 06:16 PM   #6

Thanks for all of your help.

Tags
first time