Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 12:26 PM   #31
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Port Orange Fl
Posts: 550
My V10 has had a surge in it from day one, Mostly under med to hard acceleration. Like getting onto the expresway. Been to 2 different dealers as i feel it should not act like that, was told by both dealers this is normal enging performance for the V10.
__________________

__________________
2014 SUNSEEKER 3010DS
TOADS, 2012 FOCUS OR 1998 JEEP WRANGLER,
Kevin & Judy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 01:32 PM   #32
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,702
Sage,

You mentioned a Scangauge. The SLP function will show you what the torque converter is doing. A 1.00 or .99 reading is locked. Anything less is open and will raise RPM's without shifting gears. The lower the number the more RPM's you will see. When more engine load load is required (like when going up a hill) the Torque converter will unlock first to raise RPM's to give you more power. If that is not enough power then a gear shift will follow. This is all normal and may be what is happening. What would not be normal is if the SLP number is skipping around rapidly. This may indicate a problem with the converter.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
__________________

__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:22 PM   #33
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Sage,

You mentioned a Scangauge. The SLP function will show you what the torque converter is doing. A 1.00 or .99 reading is locked. Anything less is open and will raise RPM's without shifting gears. The lower the number the more RPM's you will see. When more engine load load is required (like when going up a hill) the Torque converter will unlock first to raise RPM's to give you more power. If that is not enough power then a gear shift will follow. This is all normal and may be what is happening. What would not be normal is if the SLP number is skipping around rapidly. This may indicate a problem with the converter.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
Found it, Thanks!
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 03:59 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 318
I have an 2004 that does not surge. Anybody wanna trade?
__________________
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS
2004 F-250 CC 4X4 V10
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 04:31 PM   #35
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars View Post
I have an 2004 that does not surge. Anybody wanna trade?
Neither did my 2004 Minnie with the same engine and 4R100 transmission that I prefer over the 5R110W. Hate the Tow Haul! Want my O/D back!!
Entered in the X codes on the Scangauge and double checked them. Only the Symbol shows, no reading. But I was in the driveway and at idle not moving. Will see next week when I go for propane fill up, but I don't think it's working.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 11:50 PM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,702
I think you do need to be moving. If it doesn't work I will look up my codes.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 12:23 AM   #37
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
I think you do need to be moving. If it doesn't work I will look up my codes.


2010 F250 5.4L 3.73
2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
Equal-i-zer 4pt 12K
Thanks SCD
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:57 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
benagi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Utah
Posts: 631
Ford V10 engine slightly surging climbing mountains

If you get Motorhome magazine , the May issue has a great article on "plug in power, tuning a v-10 gasser". During their test, they were able to increase torque and horsepower all at a lower rpm and change shift points. Looked like a great tune for driving on mountain highways.
__________________
1968 tent trailer
1985 Jamboree 23 ft
1997 Minnie Winnie 25 Ft
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 02:37 AM   #39
Senior Member
 
Sagecoachdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,466
Quote:
Originally Posted by benagi View Post
If you get Motorhome magazine , the May issue has a great article on "plug in power, tuning a v-10 gasser". During their test, they were able to increase torque and horsepower all at a lower rpm and change shift points. Looked like a great tune for driving on mountain highways.
Ben, the aren't legal in California. You can't touch anything.
__________________
2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2017 Camping 10 trips 32 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 01:43 PM   #40
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagecoachdriver View Post
Ben, the aren't legal in California. You can't touch anything.
Do it and forget about it, just like politicians........I do not recall.....
__________________

__________________
2016 Wildwood 32BHDS
2004 F-250 CC 4X4 V10
Mars is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
ford, light, mount

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.