Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-30-2015, 06:05 PM   #1

Forester 2401W or Sunseeker 2400W

We are ready to order a Sunseeker 2400W or the Forester 2401W. Its down to deciding between some color choices, upgrades and the best offer we get.

The closet in the video that bclemens posted did not seem to have the cedar lined closet that is listed as an upgraded feature, is that something with new units only? Is it standard or optional?

Are the stabilizer jacks in the new location, just behind the axle?

I think I recall something about a change in the bed for newer units, is it memory foam?

bclemens mentioned working on a prototype booster for the cab seats, like Winnebago offers, and update on those?

Any chance of getting a unit with the steering wheel cruise/audio controls?

We have been searching for the perfect MH for over a year and found it in the W model. If there is a date we should wait for to get these new upgrades and features we don't mind waiting a little longer.
kcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:27 PM   #2
Commercial Member

1. cedar lined is Forester only.
2. jacks are in new spot
3. 2" of memory foam is built in.
4. working on a photo right now. They will be available from parts once we get it done. It's just a drop on part that straps to the seat.
5. no chance. We have to buy the chassis hundreds at a time for (3) divisions. no one offs unfortunately.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #3

Thanks Brian,

I understand that the cedar closet is only on the Forester, but your video of the Forester 2401W showed the closet and it doesn't appear to have cedar. So I didn't know if it was an option that just wasn't ordered or if the line change just had not happened yet.

I wasn't thinking I would be so lucky as to be the only one with steering wheel controls. I was thinking that maybe it was a Forester upgrade being considered that I wouldn't mind waiting for if I new it was coming.
kcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:45 AM   #4

Brian,

May I ask, what is the content of the W mattress beneath the 2" of memory foam? What is the total thickness of the mattress? And Is it 74" or 75" long?

I have a W on order now and want to get a nice topper while I'm waiting for it.
konrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 08:58 AM   #5

It appears to be a thin piece of cedar plywood in the closet. Not sure I would make the decision based on that. You could put that in yourself with a trip to Home Depot for a few bucks. I chose not to get the stabilizers on my 2016 because of all the stories I heard about them dragging on hills. If they are better positioned it would be a good upgrade to consider. The coach does rock a bit when parked but it isn't terrible. The mattress is also surprisingly very, very good.
ericlakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 07:19 PM   #6

Are the boosters for the swivel cab seats available now? We just ordered a 2016 Forester 2401W and hopefully will get the boosters with it.
ValleyRoad50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 09:40 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
It appears to be a thin piece of cedar plywood in the closet. Not sure I would make the decision based on that. You could put that in yourself with a trip to Home Depot for a few bucks. I chose not to get the stabilizers on my 2016 because of all the stories I heard about them dragging on hills. If they are better positioned it would be a good upgrade to consider. The coach does rock a bit when parked but it isn't terrible. The mattress is also surprisingly very, very good.
SumoSprings will help take care of the rocking while parked, that the stabilizers usually do. They are even better performance wise, when driving. Quite amazing, actually.

They also raised the rear sag a bit so my stabilizers don't drag anymore.

Had I known then, what I know now, I would have passed on the Bigfoot option.

Several of us that have Sumo's are considering removing the Bigfoot's since they aren't as needed now and to save some weight.

Let me know if you want part numbers.

Cheers,

Jay

2015 Solera MBS 24R - Hellwig/Sumo Equipped, Sold
(Sold the Vibe TT, as well)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:35 PM   #8

I went back and forth between the Forester 2301 and Sunseeker 2300. After researching and putting hands on both, I picked the Forester. The Forester looks and feels a bit more upscale than the Sunseeker. For example, on the Forester there is real tile around the stove and sink backsplash, the Sunseeker (at least the one I looked at) had a faux tile/plastic backsplash. The soft touch ceiling in the Forester is nicer than the vinyl and the Forester LED lights are made of glass not plastic. As mentioned, the Forester comes with the mattress that you need to pay extra for in the Sunseeker. I also liked the addition of the paint on the lower portions of the coach exterior, again, it makes it seem a bit more upscale. I don't think you'd go wrong with either one but the for the couple thousand dollar price difference I went with the Forester. I factored in that when the day comes that I sell or trade it I might get a little more for it...or not. Good luck!

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:41 PM   #9

I have a 2016 Forester 2401w and it has nothing cedar in the closet, real, thin, or otherwise.
Cfritts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:36 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
1. cedar lined is Forester only.
2. jacks are in new spot
3. 2" of memory foam is built in.
4. working on a photo right now. They will be available from parts once we get it done. It's just a drop on part that straps to the seat.
5. no chance. We have to buy the chassis hundreds at a time for (3) divisions. no one offs unfortunately.
Regarding #5 Yikes, hopefully the steering wheel options will be added in the 2016 or 2017.

Also, will there ever be European styled cabinets like in the Navion? They are very sleek. Is there a chance that the floor can be the hardwood like linoleum? Any chance the u shape dinette can be a sofa with recliner that turns into a bed?

I'll be traveling with two cats, would be great to be able to turn one of the cabinets into an open cubby for the cats with a hole to a closed cabinet for their litter boxes. Is that type of customization available?

Thanks for your response.
Xhevoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:46 AM   #11
Class C Representative

We will not be doing European Style Cabinets,

Special orders are a case by case basis. The hardwood floors and couch aren't an option at this time.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:57 AM   #12
Commercial Member

The bed base has a cabinet door that can be a cubby (you would have to convert that, as the MFG does not build custom units). You can also look at the Isata 3 series for more contemporary cabinets. It also has a woodgrain lino

Old 09-30-2015, 09:08 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
The bed base has a cabinet door that can be a cubby (you would have to convert that, as the MFG does not build custom units). You can also look at the Isata 3 series for more contemporary cabinets. It also has a woodgrain lino
Thanks, I searched the website and did not find the Isata brand. When I did an Internet search it returned a website that didn't seem like it was a Berkshire Hathaway branded site. Do you have the URL?

Also, is there an option for solar? In Texas beach camping tends to be primative.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #14
Class C Representative

The Isata 3 series is from Dynamax, a different division of Forest River. It's on the Same Mercedes Platform and W floor plan as the Sunseeker and Forester MBS. It does have the wood grain lino, European style cabinets like the Navion, a different dinette set up, and if I remember correctly the "Smart" Wheel.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 09-30-2015, 09:33 AM   #15
Commercial Member

Nope..."medium IQ" wheel. We all get our chassis from the same pool.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:40 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
The Isata 3 series is from Dynamax, a different division of Forest River. It's on the Same Mercedes Platform and W floor plan as the Sunseeker and Forester MBS. It does have the wood grain lino, European style cabinets like the Navion, a different dinette set up, and if I remember correctly the "Smart" Wheel.
Hi Joshua and Brian, please post a link to the Isata, I am unable to locate on the Dynamax site, only the Rev.

Brian, please post the link to the video of the 2431S video you made.

Thanks so much guys.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:41 AM   #17
Class C Representative

Here is a link to the Isata 3 Series.
http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ter-93327.html

Here is the W video.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ugh-76012.html
Old 10-01-2015, 07:57 AM   #18
Commercial Member

Bout time you did a little work for me.

Old 10-01-2015, 08:02 AM   #19
Class C Representative

Somebody has to pick up the slack.

Tags
forester, sunseeker