Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2018, 07:17 AM   #41

Time to move to a Class A !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 07:53 PM   #42

We have a 2018 3011ds. Over the last 10 months, here are our issues: 1: handles on refrigerator broke 2: back roller shade broke 3: drawer latches broke 4: swing up door latches broke. I consider all of these thing minor. We love the 3011 ds.
lacrawgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:55 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacrawgator View Post
We have a 2018 3011ds. Over the last 10 months, here are our issues: 1: handles on refrigerator broke 2: back roller shade broke 3: drawer latches broke 4: swing up door latches broke. I consider all of these thing minor. We love the 3011 ds.
Sorry but this sounds like a unit that is not receiving TLC ???
Manufactured homes RVs need to be treated with care !!!

Old 05-19-2018, 08:53 AM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
Sorry but this sounds like a unit that is not receiving TLC ???
Manufactured homes RVs need to be treated with care !!!

you can't be serious
Old 05-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #45

Quote:
you can't be serious
I worked as a Service Manager @ a Manufactured Home Dealership,,,
So I know how fragel these things are !!!
Old 05-19-2018, 10:52 AM   #46
Chief tinkerer

Quote:
I worked as a Service Manager @ a Manufactured Home Dealership,,,

So I know how fragel these things are !!!

I don’t disagree with how fragile they are, but do not believe the 4 items described had anything to do with how the unit was treated by the owner. We have experienced 2 of the 4 described above during the first 6 months of ownership as have many many others.
These were due to manufacturing processes and cheap latches and hinges. This is an industry norm however, and we knew prior to purchase to expect these things.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:39 AM   #47
Certified Curmudgeon

Quote:
Time to move to a Class A !!!
Have you ever owned a Class A?
Old 05-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidyupgo View Post
I don’t disagree with how fragile they are, but do not believe the 4 items described had anything to do with how the unit was treated by the owner. We have experienced 2 of the 4 described above during the first 6 months of ownership as have many many others.
These were due to manufacturing processes and cheap latches and hinges. This is an industry norm however, and we knew prior to purchase to expect these things.
Thanks for your input
Old 05-19-2018, 05:07 PM   #49

Quote:
In our 3011 we have had the exact same issues although I'm not sure what the swing up door is...?

PS We really like ours and while these issues are minor a few of them could probably have been avoided by better build quality.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 07:41 AM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Have you ever owned a Class A?
No I have not,,,

but I just think there are some oversize class Cs out there !!!
There must be a stopping point,,,
on how much MH you can build on a van chasse !!!
Old 05-20-2018, 05:13 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
In our 3011 we have had the exact same issues although I'm not sure what the swing up door is...?

PS We really like ours and while these issues are minor a few of them could probably have been avoided by better build quality.
the swing up cabinet doors, those little small ones over the living area
Old 05-20-2018, 06:30 PM   #52

In Jan I sold my 34 ft class A and purchased a 2018 311ds. I live in Phoenix so we took a couple of trips to San Diego and Tombstone AZ as shake down cruises before our first log trip. AZ to WI for 3 months starting next week. I also tow my Ford Escape with a dolly.
The handling and ride of the class C is much better than the A. Also the wife was never real comfortable with the lack of air bags and all the glass. A bit scary for her. You heard the saying "happy wife, happy life". Anyway, the question was asked about having only 1 a.c.. Not to fear. My unit has been plugged in for the last 3 days in front of my house and its stayed a constant 72 inside. We haven't hit our normal 115 yet this year but it has been in the upper 90 every day but I don't see it as being a problem.
I guess I'm not familiar with the other units mentioned but I know we are pretty happy with our unit. Although it is a real pistol (I really wanted to use different adjectives) to make the bed. Not much room for us old chubby people. Also we like the tv across from the seating arrangement. As a side note I do have the couch/bed sitting in my garage if anyone needs one. I replaced it with Euro Loungers. Much more comfortable.
Dennys67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #53
Lifelong Learner

Do you have the details on the euro loungers and pictures? We may end up going that route in the future.

Another question for the 3011 experts...other new 3011 units we looked at included a plastic table in the rear storage compartment. Our unit does not have one, is that something that is supposed to come with it from Forest River?
dinkhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 09:41 PM   #54

First try at posting pics so hopefully it will work.

I bought the euro Loungers at camping world. They were special order for someone that never showed up so I offered them half price and it was a go. I took the swivel base off and mounted them directly to the floor. Just be careful of the slide mechanisms. Very comfy.

Now to your question about a table. Mine had one, I think it's 4 ft, in the back compartment on the passenger side. It fits in its location very tightly.

I'm struggling to post pics but will keep trying.
Dennys67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 08:05 AM   #55

try the 2500TS in the middle... available as forester or Sunseeker... identical. It was our choice and splits the difference perfectly... with the slide out the back interior space is 27 and overall length is 30 but drives like the smallest rigs... go with the FORD E450 and you won't be sorry...skip the other options. The only mission in the 2500TS is the dedicated sofa... if you need that you need a larger one. But we changed out the table pedestal for a garleick adjustable height one, got an extra insert cushion made and now can slide the table up and down to form a really comfortable settee for watching TV, perfect height table for eating or computer work, and flat down to the bed as needed. Highly recommended
2018 Vanleigh Vilano 375FL
www.Wind-seeker.com/vilano
jbrosecity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:17 AM   #56

Just bought a Forester 3011

After 5 years in a 2000 Coachman Catalina (whose first name last year became "STUPID") we traded for a 2017 Forester 3011DS. The ease of driving and the ride is of no comparison. My wife loves the kitchen countertop space, the stainless sinks, and all the storage. I too wish the bathroom was a little larger (especially when the door is shut), however, it is just the wife and I most all the time - so we usually leave the door open. We have 14 grandchildren, so the additional sleeping space was a big consideration for us. We have used it twice now in state parks (no sewer hookup) and my wife is trying to adjust her water usage washing dishes, hands etc. because the grey water tank is smaller than in our Class A - this one is 39 gal. and twice now it has filled up after 24 hours - so we had to go dump. We usually stay in full hook-up locations - so we will have to make some adjustments when no sewer is available. Overall, we are very pleased with the transition to the Forester Class C.
awc4562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 09:35 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by awc4562 View Post
After 5 years in a 2000 Coachman Catalina (whose first name last year became "STUPID") we traded for a 2017 Forester 3011DS. The ease of driving and the ride is of no comparison. My wife loves the kitchen countertop space, the stainless sinks, and all the storage. I too wish the bathroom was a little larger (especially when the door is shut), however, it is just the wife and I most all the time - so we usually leave the door open. We have 14 grandchildren, so the additional sleeping space was a big consideration for us. We have used it twice now in state parks (no sewer hookup) and my wife is trying to adjust her water usage washing dishes, hands etc. because the grey water tank is smaller than in our Class A - this one is 39 gal. and twice now it has filled up after 24 hours - so we had to go dump. We usually stay in full hook-up locations - so we will have to make some adjustments when no sewer is available. Overall, we are very pleased with the transition to the Forester Class C.
There is just the 2 of us in our 2500TS,,, only spot that is not right for us is the bed being open only on one side !!! We work it out by the wife sleeping on the dinning bed !!!
Wife was very much against me removing the bathroom door,,, even tho we never used it !!! She will not admit it but it seems much larger without the door that we had been bunging open !!!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:07 AM   #58
Lifelong Learner

update...

We asked our salesman if the rear storage compartment table is supposed to be included with the 3011DS and he told us the unit we chose does not come with it (brand new 2018 3011DS). That seemed strange to me since all the other units we looked at had one.

I sent Forest River an email and received a quick reply that it is indeed provided by FR and that all the dealer needs to do is file a warranty claim to get it replaced.

Disappointed that our salesman lied to us and didn't even make a reasonable effort to find the right answer (it took all of a few minutes to write the email to FR).

Fortunately, we have not signed any paperwork yet so can still back out at any time. We are supposed to do the delivery this Friday so we'll see how the dealer attitude is.

It's so disappointing how hard it is to find good dealers and honest salesmen considering how much these units cost.
dinkhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 10:40 AM   #59

It SUCKS but FR has the right to make any changes they want !!!
Check the bottom line on all pamphlets !!!
Old 05-22-2018, 11:25 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrosecity View Post
try the 2500TS in the middle... available as forester or Sunseeker... identical. It was our choice and splits the difference perfectly... with the slide out the back interior space is 27 and overall length is 30 but drives like the smallest rigs... go with the FORD E450 and you won't be sorry...skip the other options. The only mission in the 2500TS is the dedicated sofa... if you need that you need a larger one. But we changed out the table pedestal for a garleick adjustable height one, got an extra insert cushion made and now can slide the table up and down to form a really comfortable settee for watching TV, perfect height table for eating or computer work, and flat down to the bed as needed. Highly recommended
Where did you get and which garleick pedestal for the table? Any Pics? We have the 2421msf, basically on the same chassis, just different floor plan. I actually hate the height of the table. I was going to cut it down but I do like the adjustable idea. Thanks for sharing.
Golden Doodle
Chocolate Lab
firemech2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2501, 305, forester, motorhome