Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2014, 11:41 AM   #1

Forester 2501ts vs Sunseker 2500ts

Looking at both units online. This is what we want, but am confused about the difference. Is it just fabrics and paints or is there a difference in the units I'm missing?
suscamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 11:55 AM   #2
Average Joe

The Forester includes a couple items as "standard" that the Sunseeker lists as "options". I believe the Forester has a soft ceiling where the Sunseeker isn't. If I had another chance, I would have opted for the Forester.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 12:01 PM   #3

Thanks

I was just going to ask the same question. We are looking at the 2650 floorplan and could tell the differences between the different models on the website.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 06:22 PM   #4

You can download brochures for both from the Forest River web site. Many Forester features are options on the Sunseeker.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2014, 07:51 PM   #5

If I recall the only things that come on the forester that are not available as options on the sunseeker are.

1. Soft touch ceiling.
2. Recessed lighting
3. Outside rear driver side light.

This was when we ordered ours in feb so may have changed by now. There are some differences in colors, materials, counters too.

In general if you are going to get all or most of the options on a sunseeker you probably want to consider going straight to a forester as more things come standard. Often the price between a loaded sunseeker and a forester is not that far apart.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 07:04 AM   #6

Look at both in person, price, and decide for yourself. Consider the dealer location and which dealer you like the most. Even though I do all my own service my wife says a local dealer is "priceless" over traveling hours. In my case in 2011 the Forester was thousands more for things like recessed lighting and a soft ceiling that I didn't care about over a Sunseeker equiped as I wanted.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:25 AM   #7

Went to Hershey show this past weekend, saw the new 2015 sunseeker MBS, I didn't realize they changed the name from Solara to Sunseeker until I got home.LOL. Gorgeous , the sunseeker now comes with soft ceilings. The only difference between the two that I can see is- the counter top on the forester is alittle higher end( both are solid surface), the forester comes with cedar lined bed room cabinets . they both come standard many of the same features. The Sunseeker is the one I prefer, husband said no until he saw it( wont tell him this is my first choice, I'll let him think its his idea) LOL.Hoping to order soon
bmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 11:51 AM   #8

bmezz, there are more differences between a Sunseeker and a Sunseeker MBS (Mercedes Benz Sprinter) namely the chassis and capacities. Compare them carefully.

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #9

One thing I found in brochure is metal vs fiberglass running boards. Does that make much of a difference. I'm not too interested in if the ceilings are soft. Not sure why this is an upgrade
Old 09-17-2014, 06:47 PM   #10

Also Forester has built in entry step. Don't know how this compares with Sunseeker not having one. Trying to figure out why it's about $6k more. Thanks for any thoughts before we order ours!
Old 09-17-2014, 07:05 PM   #11
Average Joe

Sunseeker has the built in step, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by suscamper View Post
One thing I found in brochure is metal vs fiberglass running boards. Does that make much of a difference. I'm not too interested in if the ceilings are soft. Not sure why this is an upgrade

Sunseekers also come with the fiberglass running boards if you get full body paint. Ofherwise they are aluminum.

I think the fiberglass ones look nicer but there is little practical difference. Just cosmetic.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:01 PM   #13
Commercial Member

2015 Fall Show Upgraded Features

• Skirt Paint (Standard)
• Raised Wood Refer Panel (Standard)
• Vinyl soft-touch ceiling
• Recessed glass LED light fixtures
• Fiberglass running boards
• Memory Foam Mattress (Standard)
• LED Floor Lighting
• Hidden Hinges
• Cedar Lined Closets
• Outside Security Light
• Solid Surface Galley
• Upgraded Sprayer faucet

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 05:59 PM   #14

bgilly, sorry I left off the MBS when I was talking about the Sunseeker.( I was comparing the MBS Sunseeker to the MBS Forester) the Husband doesn't want a large motor home( regular Sunseeker) since it would be just the two of us. Sorry for the confusion. Yes I know about all the differences, have been researching for the last 3 years and read the posts on here regularly. P.S. this is such a great site, so many helpful people
bmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 10:56 AM   #15

We have a Sunseeker 3170 with aluminum running boards. They won't scratch like fiberglass. The Sunseeker's standard white coach finish will not soak up heat in the summer (touch the trim stripes in the summer sun and feel the heat difference, but the body paint is nicer looking but will be more difficult to match if damaged.). To my knowledge there is nothing mechanically different between a Sunseeker and a Forrester. Absolutely no regrets for not getting a Forrester.

budblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #16

Oops. Misspelled Forester. Almost misspelled misspelled.

budblack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2501, 500, forester