Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-25-2016, 04:59 PM   #1

Forester 2701DS and Sync

My manual tells me all about Sync for the radio, but I can't figure out how to make it work and I'm usually pretty good in figuring out this kind of stuff.

Is my manual teasing me about this and I really don't have Sync available to me? (Seems my manual teases me a lot!)

Thanks for any input.
Vicki F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicki F View Post
My manual tells me all about Sync for the radio, but I can't figure out how to make it work and I'm usually pretty good in figuring out this kind of stuff.

Is my manual teasing me about this and I really don't have Sync available to me? (Seems my manual teases me a lot!)

Thanks for any input.

Are you talk talking about the Ford Sync audio system? What year and model Forester do you have. What radio do you have?

ilmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 07:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmor View Post
Are you talk talking about the Ford Sync audio system? What year and model Forester do you have. What radio do you have?
Yes, guess it IS part of the Ford system, but I thought the Ford was part of my motorhome.

I have a 2016 Forester 2701DS and my radio is a Jensen. (Not sure which Model it is, but my cell phone is paired to it as VX7020A)
Bought the Motorhome brand new two months ago.

Thanks!
Old 07-25-2016, 08:21 PM   #4

I just bought a Forrester 3011DS (Ford) which has the same sound system as yours. We just sold our F350 Diesel which had Sync. Your Jensen does not have Sync, the material in the owners manual is stock and efers tomstuff that is Ford installed. Yours is Forest River installed. The Jensen will do alot more things than Sync.
Rokslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 09:26 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokslinger View Post
I just bought a Forrester 3011DS (Ford) which has the same sound system as yours. We just sold our F350 Diesel which had Sync. Your Jensen does not have Sync, the material in the owners manual is stock and efers tomstuff that is Ford installed. Yours is Forest River installed. The Jensen will do alot more things than Sync.
Oh, THANKS! Just knowing I don't have Sync can end my frustration with it. Spent numerous hours on Sunday trying to figure it all out. Apparently all a waste of time.

Now I can just concentrate on figuring out the radio.
THANK YOU so much!

Sure wish they would make all these various manuals/booklets more specific to the motorhome itself. Would make life much simplier.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:05 PM   #6

Yes, I know. I love our Forester but there are so many things that you are left to figure on your own. Such as how to get Sirius on that VX7020A. You have to subscribe and purchase an attachable receiver to the back of the unit, so how do you do that? The unit is installed on the dashboard, not accesible to the back unless maybe you contort on your backside upside down maybe.I don't remember that being covered on my PDI.
Old 07-26-2016, 10:06 PM   #7

By the way, did you get a Jensen Manual with it?
Old 07-26-2016, 10:37 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokslinger View Post
Yes, I know. I love our Forester but there are so many things that you are left to figure on your own. Such as how to get Sirius on that VX7020A. You have to subscribe and purchase an attachable receiver to the back of the unit, so how do you do that? The unit is installed on the dashboard, not accesible to the back unless maybe you contort on your backside upside down maybe.I don't remember that being covered on my PDI.
I haven't even looked at Sirius yet. Probably won't bother now.
Did manage to get my cell phone's music working. Hopefully that will be enough.

I do believe I have a booklet on the Audio System and hopefully that covers the dash radio too. Haven't had a chance to look through that yet.

My next project will be the accelerator pedal. I've only driven the motorhome about 100 miles and my foot has slipped off at least five times already. That could be hazardous.

Thanks for the input!
Old 07-27-2016, 02:27 AM   #9

The jenson radio has a lot of options but it is not user friendly. I found myself you tubing how to videos to learn how to change audio for front and rear speakers and inputs etc. the Manuel is essentially worthless. If you have your phone music working on the stereo then all other sync options should be working since Bluetooth is operational . It works just like stereo on my f150.

Tags
forester