Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2019, 06:51 PM   #1

Forester 3011DS Main slide out System

Hi All,
I am new to this forum. I just got a 2020 forester 3011DS. I have a question I hope some can help with. I trying to understand the Main room slide system I contacted FR to get info on how to what system is being used and how can I manually retract the system during a failure. This is their response "Slide system: Lippert Dual Arm Slide System. This system does have a manual retraction I will send you the closest version of that manual." one page Drawing is all i got. Any help in conducting Preventative Maintenance, how can I manually retract the system during a failure, where the motor may be located and any other information would be greatly appreciated.
PHeff
PHeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 10:58 PM   #2

The motor is under the dinette. You have to remove the skirt to see it. Contact Lippert and I'm sure they can direct you to a download online.
Mach428 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #3

On my 2018 3011DS the motor is in the storage compartment under the slide room. You can put a socket ( preferably attached to a drill) to retract room. There may be an override switch on the panel inside that needs to be pressed and held during manual retraction. Also the manual states to disconnect 1 wire from the motor before attempting this( doesn't seem to matter which wire.
1000 sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 12:41 PM   #4
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 sportsman View Post
On my 2018 3011DS the motor is in the storage compartment under the slide room. You can put a socket ( preferably attached to a drill) to retract room. There may be an override switch on the panel inside that needs to be pressed and held during manual retraction. Also the manual states to disconnect 1 wire from the motor before attempting this( doesn't seem to matter which wire.
Any chance of getting a picture for reference? My 3010DS is in storage, but I have yet to find the motor for that slide. This is the first I've heard/read.

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 01:09 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrinch View Post
Any chance of getting a picture for reference? My 3010DS is in storage, but I have yet to find the motor for that slide. This is the first I've heard/read.
X2. Haven't been able to find it either.
2017 Ford Fiesta toad
Bill and Gail is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:39 PM   #6

Would be glad to take a picture but unfortunately mine is in the shop for an issue with this slide ( 21 weeks so far this year in the shop for this same issue). But if you open the storage compartment directly under the slide about midway you will see a black metal plate in the overhear held on by 4 or 6 bolts. The motor is behind that plate. The connection for the socket to manually crank in is accessible thru a hole in the plate on the Forester. Hope this helps. Will post a picture when/if MH comes home but past experience tells me that could be months.
1000 sportsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 07:11 PM   #7
DW's 401(k) Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000 sportsman View Post
Would be glad to take a picture but unfortunately mine is in the shop for an issue with this slide ( 21 weeks so far this year in the shop for this same issue). But if you open the storage compartment directly under the slide about midway you will see a black metal plate in the overhear held on by 4 or 6 bolts. The motor is behind that plate. The connection for the socket to manually crank in is accessible thru a hole in the plate on the Forester. Hope this helps. Will post a picture when/if MH comes home but past experience tells me that could be months.
I understand completely ..... mine's in storage and the way they pack RV's in this place, I might not have room to even lift the storage compartment door! But I do appreciate all the help I can get!

"Sunny" the 2017 Sunseeker 3010DS
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad
.... and lovin' life........MOST of the time.
DaGrinch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester, slide, slide out