Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2015, 01:59 PM   #1

Forester 3011DS Questions????

We hope to purchase a 3011DS In the near future. Could someone that owns one please answer these. There is one roof air correct, since it is 30 amp? Does the air run off a low/high fan and low/high air switch or does it run by thermostat? Also looking into the possibility of adding a vented combo washer/dryer. I was thinking one of the back closets. Would someone please give me the dimensions of the very back closet and the closet closest to the bathroom? Thanks so much!
SandeeAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:20 PM   #2

Forester 3011DS Questions????

We have a 3010ds sunseeker but for the purposes of your questions, they are the same.

Yes there is one AC unit. We've been out in fairly hot weather and it does well. It's controlled by a thermostat but you can also set the fan on high, low or auto. I highly recommend you get the optional 15k unit with heatpump.

I don't have the exact dimensions of the rear closets handy but I am fairly sure they are going to be too small for the washer/dryer.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 12:41 PM   #3
Tinkerer and Putterer

The rear closets will not fit a W/D. They are too shallow. I have a dark brown 2013 3011 DSF with the 15K heat pump/AC and it does well even past 100 degrees outside. balancing the air flow can be a bit of a trick if you close off the bedroom since that is where the thermostat lives.

I will see if I can get the measurements sometime this week.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:44 PM   #4

Thank you for the measurements in advance.

Sandee Melton
Currently: 25' Tioga Ranger 2008
Hoping soon: Forester 3011DS
Sent from my iPhone
Old 05-27-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

You might consider installing it in an outside storage compartment. Don't know if you have a compartment large enough but my 3120 does. I considered the option but since we never camp for more than 2 weeks at a time it is not be needed.
ATVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 10:12 PM   #6
Tinkerer and Putterer

Ok here are the measurements:

Opening:
19 inches wide x 43 inches high

Space in the cabinet:

25 inches wide x 47 inches high x 20 inches deep.

The floor of the cabinet is not stout enough to carry the weight of a washer / dryer. It looks like it is 1/4 inch ply which would probably give out the first time you went over a good bump. You would probably need to remove the lower two drawers and reinforce the base which might cost you those two drawers as well. Or if you're really wanting to go after it, pay a cabinet maker to come in and build something out for you. The only place you could install a washer on the exterior would be the rear compartment and I know from experience that the plastic floor will not handle that weight. You would need to pay a fabricator some $$$ to either reinforce the floor or cut out the plastic and replace it with something sturdier. Both would probably be harder than taking out the wardrobe in the bedroom and redoing it IMO.
HappyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 08:10 AM   #7

Thanks so much for the info. If we are able to do it, it will have to be inside. My DH is still working, so we are living full time in the RV, but local in Arkansas. So winter months, it would need to be inside. Thanks again.

Sandee Melton
Currently: 25' Tioga Ranger 2008
Hoping soon: Forester 3011DS
Sent from my iPhone

Tags
forester