Old 06-27-2016, 01:43 PM   #11

Smooth operation here. Hope they get it fixed one way or the other for you. I agree with the previous post about holding their breath, lol.

Old 06-27-2016, 01:52 PM   #12

Have a 2016 3051 with 24000 miles and many in and outs with the slide. Still smooth even movement and tight when in. I would be real worried if it operated like yours does.

Old 06-27-2016, 03:27 PM   #13

Thanks YellowWing I appreciate the information. We both bought in roughly the same timeframe. We put about 2500 miles on it the first trip and like you I held my breath every time I extended and retracted it! It is in the shop now but I don't have much confidence in Camping Worlds ability to fix the damn thing. We will see what happens and I will keep the post updated.
Thank you again.
Old 06-27-2016, 03:30 PM   #14

Thanks Monte, I hope we can get it resolved. We do a lot of boondocking in National Forest campgrounds. I would hate to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere with a slide stuck out!
Old 06-28-2016, 04:22 PM   #15

My Sunseeker 3050 runs in & out smoothly and at a constant speed & flow (so far)! Would sure like to hear what the mechanics have to say after they "fix" it, also..maybe Josh could check with the slide guys in the shop for you???
2014 - 37; 2015 - 58; 2016 - 64;
2017 - 6 51 to go..
mkekflyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 05:48 PM   #16

Thanks Mkekflyers. Josh is in the loop on this one.
Old 09-07-2016, 03:12 PM   #17

I thought I should post an update on my original post so all of you that were nice enough to respond to my original query will know what has happened.

After several months and more rounds of discussions with Camping World, Forest River and Lippert we now have a slide that does move much more smoothly and sync'd from front to back. That is a very big improvement from how it was in the beginning. This improvement was accomplished by doing a full synchronization of the slide as directed by Lippert and shown in the videos attached in an earlier response.

The drifting in and out of the slide seems to have been resolved after changing the lower front motor on the slide that was evidently over-amping and resulting in not closing all the way. This does not seem to be a problem anymore.

There is only one issue left that no one can seem to identify the root cause of the issue. When I extend the slide, I press the slide switch one time and it extends perfectly. In order to retract the slide, it requires me pressing the switch twice. The first time I press the switch there is no response, as soon as I press the switch the second time the slide comes in. This happens whether I am plugged into shore power, running the generator or running off of batteries. Originally Forest River told me that was indicative of a low voltage situation. Both batteries were tested as directed by Forest River in and are excellent condition so we have ruled those out. Camping World is going to replace the slide switch but the wrong switch was sent the first time so the wait goes on.

I have also reached out to Lippert via their website twice asking them for help troubleshooting the problem. Both times I have received no response, I guess once you buy the unit, Lippert doesn't feel compelled to respond to its customer base.

It seems to me that Camping World is set up to only replace parts and they are not really capable of doing any true troubleshooting to resolve problems.

If any of you have any ideas on the retracting problem I would welcome the help and or ideas. Thanks in advance for all your responses an time.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:40 PM   #18
CRiley

Glad to hear that you have mostly resolved the problem. Thanks for the update.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:12 PM   #19

I own a 2014 3051s and have had no issues at all with the slide. I just got back from the FROG Rally in Goshen. The Lippert guys were there. At the slide seminar there were two guys from Lippert that man the customer service number for them. They seemed very knowledgeable and service oriented. They say they have heard about every possible issue. I would not hesistate to call them. 574-537-8900. Tell them they were recommended from attendees at the FROG Rally. If you had attended they would not have rested until they fixed your problem? Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 09-07-2016, 09:34 PM   #20

Rocket City Gary, this will be very helpful. I will call in the morning. I can't thank you enough.

Tags
305, forester, slide