Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #1

Forester 3051S Slide

Interested to know what people who have this full side slide-out think about it, operation, leverage on MH and other issues?

Thank you
Old 04-03-2016, 04:00 PM   #2

The full wall slide adds a huge amount of space and we really love it. We've had no issues with it in the 2+ years/21K miles we've had this MH. The operation is smooth and fast.
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:15 PM   #3

It's great. We've only had it 9-months and 9,000 miles but so far so good. Works as advertised.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #4

we love the space it gives inside and all the comments on it, but we have had problems with ours. The front slide tower pulled away from the exterior wall, and then the whole slide bracket had to be replace due to driven gear teeth stripped .
wana65stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 12:36 PM   #5

My older Class C was just about as long as my new 3051 but it didn't have any slide outs. I really like the extra space it gives us now. Both Class Cs have the same basic layout, but with the sideout the space it creates is fantastic.
radman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2016, 12:21 PM   #6

Thanks everyone.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #7

Watch your gas line under the slide. Our had a bungee cord that assists the retraction but it was broke so the gas line folded over and pinched shut so no propane to the stove with the slide in. Fixed the bungee and no problem now even though I watch it every time we pull in the slide.

https://www.visitedstatesmap.com/image/NCTNVAsm.jpg
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2016, 08:19 PM   #8

My dealer caught that same issue during maintenance with the gas line under the slide.
Sunseeker 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:04 PM   #9

We just picked up our 3051 four days ago and we our getting it loaded up for its maiden voyage. I agree that the space the slide provides is amazing and was a strong selling point. The size of the slide is also is exactly what scares me. I am happy to hear that so many of you are trouble free. A quick question for all of you, can you extend or retract the slide while on batteries only or is it best to extend or retract while on shore power, generator or with the motor running? I appreciate any feedback you might have.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:27 PM   #10

I've done it both ways without issue. The one thing to remember with the Swintek slides is to never stop until fully extended or retracted and then keep holding the button for 3-5 seconds after. This keeps the motors calibrated and in sync with each other.

Old 04-25-2016, 10:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJcachers View Post
I've done it both ways without issue. The one thing to remember with the Swintek slides is to never stop until fully extended or retracted and then keep holding the button for 3-5 seconds after. This keeps the motors calibrated and in sync with each other.

Thanks KJcachers. Today was the first time I had an issue. The front began to move right away but the back wasn't wanting to go. Started the generator and it went right out. Taking it out this weekend so we will see how it goes. Thanks again.
Old 04-26-2016, 04:53 AM   #12

I do make it a point to plug in first before running out the slide but what if you're boondocking without electrical then it should work on batteries as long as they are charged? Good idea on the generator though to make sure you have a strong supply while putting out the slide.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:37 AM   #13

Thanks again, that was my concern. We do a lot of boondocking (3-4 day trips) and was concerned. Knowing the generator will work makes me feel a little better.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #14

The slide motors are 12v so should operate off the batteries unless they are weak. The generator will keep them topped off while running the slide in and out.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:37 AM   #15

Paper under the slide

We had trouble with the slide and found paper rolled around the rollers got all the paper out and it works fine.
Copikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 10:32 AM   #16

We just found a problem with ours the first time out. It leaked water while driving, both on the way there and the way home. Yeah, lots of rain. It was coming in under the dinette. Took it to the dealer thinking there was a seal issue around the slide. I called them a week later and they said the slide frame was bent because we closed it on something. They said we left the bed up and closed the slide. We didn't and I protested their explanation. You can't leave the bed up because there aren't any shocks. I've operated it just as we've been shown (no obstructions, door, vent or window open, and hold the button an additional 3-4 secs after movement stops). We've only owned it since January and this was the first time out. Either this damage was done before we bought it or there is something wrong with it that is causing the damage. They resubmitted the warranty claim and it was approved.

Knowing that we didn't cause the damage or at least cause the damage by mistakenly closing it on something, now I am concerned about how this happened.

Anyone know of something that would get caught on the back end (bed end) that would prevent the slide from coming in? I saw one of the previous posts about stuff getting wrapped on the rollers. Anything else?
jovialjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 11:28 AM   #17

We fold the top bedding (comforter, etc) back about 10 inches before closing the slide. The bed has to go under that ledge in the wardrobe when the slide goes in. I think they should have cut that fitment not quite so close. The wardrobe could be 2 inches shorter and no one would have cared.

And don't put a taller mattress or a topper on the mattress either.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:43 AM   #18
clr

When I can I always run the slides in or out when I am connected to AC Power. The front bed room slide does run in or out very easily without appearing to use too much juice. The main slides are hydraulic and appear to take much more juice so I do my best to run them only when connected to AC if I can. I also installed a second battery string so that I always have a fully charged battery string to run the slides in or out if I have to. Also the landing legs on my 5th wheel are hydraulic.
2015 Prime Time Sanibel 3601
clr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
305, forester, slide