Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2018, 05:27 PM   #1

Forester 3401S -

Searched this forum, Google and other and only see brief non-descriptive mentions of it. Even on the FR product site. The floor plan likes like something we might be interested in. But was hoping someone out there might have more info.

To be clear. 3041s. Apologies for any confusion
KyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2018, 08:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyJoe View Post
Searched this forum, Google and other and only see brief non-descriptive mentions of it. Even on the FR product site. The floor plan likes like something we might be interested in. But was hoping someone out there might have more info

To be clear. 3041s. Apologies for any confusion
It is a new model for the 2019 model year or 1/2 model year coming out this month. I haven't seen any pictures of one yet. MHS2GO has the floor plan and a custom build on their website so you can see the options. I am looking at the 3011DS floor plan and decided to wait for the 1/2 year models to come out because the forester is going to have some nice upgrades over the current 2019s. The price is going up but there are new interior colors, some new options, and a new full body paint option for the forester. I toured the factory last week and was able to see it in person and the full body paint is awesome looking. Also changes for the forester mandatory premium camping package is a suspension package that includes bilstein shocks all the way around and a rear helwig sway bar. There are a few other diffences. If you do the custom build you can see what those are. It doesn't tell you what is included in the suspension package but I was able find that out on my factory tour.

Hope this helps
Dr Safety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 04:39 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Safety View Post
It is a new model for the 2019 model year or 1/2 model year coming out this month. I haven't seen any pictures of one yet. MHS2GO has the floor plan and a custom build on their website so you can see the options. I am looking at the 3011DS floor plan and decided to wait for the 1/2 year models to come out because the forester is going to have some nice upgrades over the current 2019s. The price is going up but there are new interior colors, some new options, and a new full body paint option for the forester. I toured the factory last week and was able to see it in person and the full body paint is awesome looking. Also changes for the forester mandatory premium camping package is a suspension package that includes bilstein shocks all the way around and a rear helwig sway bar. There are a few other diffences. If you do the custom build you can see what those are. It doesn't tell you what is included in the suspension package but I was able find that out on my factory tour.

Hope this helps

That definitely helps. Yes, we had really liked the 3011 but it seemed the 3041 might also have what we require but maybe a little shorter. Maybe not. But definitely will be waiting. Really like to hear the suspension and rear sway bar inclusion. Thanks so much.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:57 AM   #4

I wanted to share with you the pictures of the interior colors and the drawings of the paint colors that were shared with me from my salesman. The paint colors are even better in person. It appears they also refreshened the Forester logo as well. I am looking forward to seeing the units in person.

I was also very happy to hear of the suspension improvements as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0062.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	450.8 KB
ID:	186105   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0061.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	228.6 KB
ID:	186106   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0060.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	215.9 KB
ID:	186107  
Old 09-11-2018, 06:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Safety View Post
I wanted to share with you the pictures of the interior colors and the drawings of the paint colors that were shared with me from my salesman. The paint colors are even better in person. It appears they also refreshened the Forester logo as well. I am looking forward to seeing the units in person.

I was also very happy to hear of the suspension improvements as well.

Very interesting. The new lines on the paint scheme give it a different look for sure. Thanks for passing along
Old 09-11-2018, 06:27 AM   #6

Well with a little due diligence actually found a link with pictures from RV trader.com. The link is below:

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...ord-5003937770
Old 09-11-2018, 10:09 AM   #7

Just a note to any of the Forest River manufacturer representatives monitoring these posts. There are numerous (a ton) of comments all over this forum about how the A/C units struggle on the Forester/SunSeeker units and that folks cover windows and other "sun entry" spaces with foil, insulation, etc... On the 3041S where we found pictures, once again, there is another Skylight in the living area (other than the one in the shower). That's yet another heat portal reducing the ability for the A/C to be effective. Would there be some consideration that folks could order to exclude that skylight in the living area? It would definitely make this particular model (and others) a consideration on our list. With the skylight in place, it takes it off our list completely. Too bad. Very nice unit overall.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:52 AM   #8

Quote:
Just a note to any of the Forest River manufacturer representatives monitoring these posts. There are numerous (a ton) of comments all over this forum about how the A/C units struggle on the Forester/SunSeeker units and that folks cover windows and other "sun entry" spaces with foil, insulation, etc... On the 3041S where we found pictures, once again, there is another Skylight in the living area (other than the one in the shower). That's yet another heat portal reducing the ability for the A/C to be effective. Would there be some consideration that folks could order to exclude that skylight in the living area? It would definitely make this particular model (and others) a consideration on our list. With the skylight in place, it takes it off our list completely. Too bad. Very nice unit overall.

That's a bummer. I am with you I don't want the skylights either. I am glad the 3011 doesn't have the skylights any longer other than than the shower. It does have a 12" X 12" vent opening in the kitchen but that can be covered easily on the outside.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:21 AM   #9

Absolutely agree regarding the 3011. Now to get past the posted challenges with the Wifi / Tablet controller. All in all, it's a very good design and with the Forester quality, I believe it to be a good choice no matter what.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Absolutely agree regarding the 3011. Now to get past the posted challenges with the Wifi / Tablet controller. All in all, it's a very good design and with the Forester quality, I believe it to be a good choice no matter what.

I have been looking at moving to a Motorhome from a TT for the past 2 years. My wife and I finally settled on a floorplan. She is all about the colors of furniture and what the rig will look like on the outside and with the most recent colors from on the Forester we were both convinced that the 3011 was the rig for us, especially with the suspension upgrades. I have read all the posts on the tablet controller/wifi issues. It seemed like there were some initial issues with bad tablets but there haven't been the complaints with newer models (2018). Some folks on here love the system so it can't be all that bad. I don't mind advances in technology and have 2 Echos (Alexia) at home and have automated several lights in the house. In fact the System was a selling point for the Forester as well.
Old 09-11-2018, 12:32 PM   #11

Little while back when considering ordering a 3051 the factory told the dealer I could get the unit with zero skylights.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:45 PM   #12

Hmmm. Wonder if we can get an Echo to communicate with the Forester WiFi tablet. Anyway.... Being in IT all my life, there's always a way around technical issues, even if it is just to reboot the system. The tablet definitely adds a little technology fun as part of the overall RV'ing experience for sure. I'm still waiting on an FR Rep to respond regarding the skylights. I think a lot of folks would be interested to hear what they have to say.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:22 PM   #13

That's the next step to have an Alexa skill for the One Control system. That way you can just do voice commands to set up camp. "Alexa level the coach"

Also you may want to send an email directly to Joshua Cavitt through FRs website on the possibility of ordering the 3041 without the skylight. He does monitor the forum sometimes but a quick check shows he hasn't been on since the end of June. I emailed him through the FR Website and he responded fairly quickly.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #14
Empty Nesters

Quote:
I'm still waiting on an FR Rep to respond regarding the skylights.
Forest River reps do not monitor this forum. Excluding the Dynamax forum that is monitored by the CEO of that division you will never hear anything here and need to contact them through their official channels.

Tags
forester