Old 05-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #1
Class C Representative

Forester FT

Check out the new Ford Transit! The Sunseeker is what we had available for pictures.

It's a no slide coach with a walk around bed, lithium batteries, and a Truma Combi water heater/Furnace.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10.jpg
Views:	195
Size:	228.8 KB
ID:	107351   Click image for larger version

Name:	12.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	175.8 KB
ID:	107352  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Forester Transit 2p V1.pdf (2.05 MB, 146 views)

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
Chief tinkerer

Nice single or couples coach. I had been following the development of the transit as possibly Fords competition for the MB size platform.

2017 SunSeeker 3010DS
Gidyupgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:12 PM   #3
I go RV'ing not Camping

I like it
1400lbs Equal-i-zer Hitch
jgourlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 12:13 PM   #4

Looks good!

Forester 2451s
Old 05-12-2016, 04:25 AM   #5

I am interested. Like the idea of a Ford instead of a MBS. I live in a small town not close to any MB dealership. What is the MSRP for the two models? How does the Forester 2391TS compare with the Sunseeker 2390TS in MSRP and features? What is the 3.2 I5 diesel going to add to price? Will the generator be a propane one? Do the drivers / passenger seat swivel? Any towing capacity? I just came back from a month in Europe, we rented a small motorhome and really liked it for the 3 of us. I was amazed at the gas mileage! It was based on a Ford diesel transit with a 6spd manual. I thought it had an i4, but probably different in Europe.

Thanks.

Doug
Old 05-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #6
Class C Representative

What is the MSRP for the two models?
Gas-$83,959
Diesel-$90,539

How does the Forester 2391TS compare with the Sunseeker 2390TS in MSRP and features?
Just like our other Sunseeker and Forester product lines they will be similar except for a few differences.

What is the 3.2 I5 diesel going to add to price?
Answered above

Will the generator be a propane one?
Propane on the diesel platform

Do the drivers / passenger seat swivel?
Yes

Any towing capacity?

We don't put a hitch on it but it allows for 2000Lbs.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2017, 01:01 PM   #7

I am considering one of these, but I am concerned about the Truma Combi water heater size. It is only 10 liters and I have read on the Caravan forums that the hot water for showers is very limited.
Anyone with one of these have any input?
Old 10-15-2017, 06:25 AM   #8
RETIRED

I have a Ford Transit Cargo van with the diesel I5 and we use it as a daytripper. Gets great mileage and handles well. Dont believe drivers seat can swivel due to placement of E brake and there is a Ford recall on the drive coupling that I dont think has been resolved yet

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 11:28 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyM View Post
I am considering one of these, but I am concerned about the Truma Combi water heater size. It is only 10 liters and I have read on the Caravan forums that the hot water for showers is very limited.
Anyone with one of these have any input?
We have one....and the Truma is a valid concern. The water capacity of the Truma is very limited compared to traditional RV water heaters. But one person can take a shower without any cold concerns...as long as it is a fast shower. And don't try washing dishes while someone is in the shower... The good news is the Truma has a very fast recycle time when you can use both electric and gas to heat the water. And the Truma's furnace side works very well....

EDIT: FYI the lithium battery listed above is no longer installed. Our TS came with a regular marine grade battery. When I asked I found out the lithium battery had been discontinued a couple months prior to our order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n-e-d View Post
I have a Ford Transit Cargo van with the diesel I5 and we use it as a daytripper. Gets great mileage and handles well. Dont believe drivers seat can swivel due to placement of E brake and there is a Ford recall on the drive coupling that I dont think has been resolved yet
Our is the gas 3.7L V-6 and it also does very well.... We saw 12-15MPG driving to and from the FROG Rally from North Georgia on I-75. And the cruise control held the set 63MPH through the mountains in TN and KY with no problems. I considered the diesel but the additional purchase price, and service costs, negated the 2-3MPG potential MPG increase. I recently had the oil changed at my local Ford dealer and there were not any open recalls on ours...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2017, 12:42 PM   #10
RETIRED

Just an FYI...Ford is Recalling 402K Transit Vans for Defects | RV Business.

2015 Jeep Cherokee
2016 Ford Race Car Red 350HD Cargo Van HR DRW EXT DIY Daytripper "My Little Red Corvette"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forester