Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2016, 04:47 PM   #1

Question Forester info

This post is mainly for the Forest River rep that reads here..We are looking at buying a new Forester,First When will FR be manufacturing the 3011 DS in the GTS model? We found a Forester just like we wanted,would have bought it if it would have not had the large nose.!! Second, if we buy a FR product and there is no dealer in our town or within 200 miles ,how do we get warranty service..??BTW we are partial to FR and are on our 2nd one..Thanks for all..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:29 PM   #2

Smile info

I did learn that RV Wholesalers do have warranty people all over the country which includes my area...I will seriously consider buying from them when the time comes..They are in Ohio..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-21-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
Class C Representative

There are no plans to have a low profile front cap available on the 3011 or any of our traditional C's.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:59 PM   #4

Thanks Josh ,,bad news but at least now I know..Now can you address the warranty question..Thanks..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-22-2016, 08:12 AM   #5
Class C Representative

If you're looking for a closer dealer to do warranty work you will need to establish that with them and our warranty center. If you are going to an outside service shop you will need to clear it with warranty.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Old 06-22-2016, 10:45 AM   #6

Hi Tbonz...just wondering why you don't want the cab over bed on the 3011. We use that area for extra storage for light weight stuff (blankets, towels, kids bags, etc...and the extra bed is also nice.
Jim
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 05:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
If you're looking for a closer dealer to do warranty work you will need to establish that with them and our warranty center. If you are going to an outside service shop you will need to clear it with warranty.

Josh,how do I go about getting this plan cleared with warranty dept ? Can you give me a phone number for warranty ??

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
Hi Tbonz...just wondering why you don't want the cab over bed on the 3011. We use that area for extra storage for light weight stuff (blankets, towels, kids bags, etc...and the extra bed is also nice.
Jim
The one we are looking at does not have the overhead bunk.. I am trying to adjust to the large nose..Will call the dealer tomorrow to see what we can work out..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-22-2016, 05:45 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwexpert View Post
...just wondering why you don't want the cab over bed on the 3011. We use that area for extra storage for light weight stuff (blankets, towels, kids bags, etc...and the extra bed is also nice.
Since we recently traded a cab over bed style for a "mini" cap I'll give you our reasons. We had a Sunseeker MBS 2400W with the cab over bunk area configured as the optional entertainment center. Now we have a GTS 2800 QSF with the "mini" cap. I prefer the "mini" cap because:

1. The forward view without the overhang is outstanding!
2. No roof gutters draining rain runoff right in the center of the cab doors.
3. Less wind noise. And less wind drag...maybe a little better gas mileage???
4. We don't need or want the extra bunk.
5. It just looks better IMHO.

The downside: The cab over bunk style, at least when configured as the entertainment center as in our MBS, did offer much more storage space than the "mini" cap does in our GTS. It doesn't help any that FR blocks off a large part of what could have been used for storage in the GTS cap. But we have plenty of other storage spots...

Both options work, we just prefer the "mini" cap...
Old 06-22-2016, 09:00 PM   #10

RedLdr1...I just sold my Class A Diplomat with the full "vista" windshield. It had a great view but driving into the sun sucked. I really enjoy the cab over as my extra visor. I really like the look of "mini" cap over the full cab over, sleek and sexy.
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 09:20 PM   #11

WE have expanded our search and have discovered that Coachmen has a 300DS that caught our eye it has the mini-cap. Any input on Coachmen is appreciated..Thanks.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-22-2016, 09:23 PM   #12

After looking at Forester and Coachmen, I suspect that they may be made in the same factory..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-23-2016, 07:49 AM   #13
Class C Representative

They are not. We are two different divisions built in two separate factories.

The warranty department number is 574-206-7600.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:06 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
WE have expanded our search and have discovered that Coachmen has a 300DS that caught our eye it has the mini-cap. Any input on Coachmen is appreciated..Thanks.
I like the Concords, and the old Lexington, looks. The Concord was on our short list. They are definitely more "upscale" and looked very nice. But we preferred the floor plan on the GTS 2800/1. And the GTS 2800/1 has a much bigger shower so that clinched the deal. I'm a little to big, okay a lot too big , for the small showers in some Class C's....

Have you looked at a Forester GTS 2801 or a Sunseeker GTS 2800? They are the same vehicle, built on the same line, with paint and trim differences. My local dealer, who has been very good to us, carries Sunseeker so I went with it over driving to a Forester dealership.
Old 06-23-2016, 08:06 PM   #15

Call Backs

I am just asking a question out of curiosity.. Has anyone ever gotten a call back from FR.? I have called a few times needing info,of course got no answer and NO call back.The latest being just a few days ago. I am just a little leery of buying a vehicle that costs this much and not getting any support..Of course I do not have a FR dealer near,,We may have to go with Winnebago for just this reason..We like the Coachmen Concord but the reviews are horrible on Coachmen. We are quite fond of FR but am a little nervous..Please respond with experiences with FR Forester and Coachmen Concord..Thanks

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-23-2016, 08:31 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbonz View Post
I am just asking a question out of curiosity.. Has anyone ever gotten a call back from FR.? I have called a few times needing info,of course got no answer and NO call back.
Since Sunseeker and Forester are basically the same folks I'll respond to your question even though I have a Sunseeker. Yes, I have gotten call backs, I've spoken with Joshua Cavitt several times. Joshua also has responded to my emails and to PM's here on the forum. I also have been in contact with my regional representative, Paul Genovese, via email several times.

In theory your local dealer is your primary contact for FR. In your case that is an issue...FR doesn't have a direct sales force to work with end customers. I directly contacted the FR folks on things my local dealer would not be able to do, like coordinate a plant tour.

When we ordered our GTS we requested a couple custom tweaks that Paul, and Joshua, coordinated with our local dealer. Most of that was done via email. I have not had any problems contacting FR or getting a timely response from them.

If you want Joshua's cell phone number let me know...
Old 06-24-2016, 04:34 PM   #17

Smile

Quote:

Thanks Justin,, i did get in contact with Mike at the warranty department and he was very helpful..Thanks for watching this forum..

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Old 06-25-2016, 07:07 AM   #18

Quote:
There are no plans to have a low profile front cap available on the 3011 or any of our traditional C's.
That would be a good looking unit ! You could call it the 3011DS Sport !

......I want 10% of all future sales!!!
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 10:22 AM   #19
Class C Representative

You can have all the same royalties I do!

As for responding via phone, email, or PM I'm always available.

If you were calling the number I posted on here that is for our warranty department and they will always take a day or two to get back to you.

Tags
forester