Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-10-2013, 07:56 PM   #1

Forester Parts Ordering

My brand new #3051SF has a water leak from the 1.5 inch flexible drain hose located under the head of the bed. I found the leak yesterday after connecting the City Water hose for the first time. Water was leaking from the exterior bottom of the slide around the kitchen. After tearing apart the kitchen, vanity and bed the damaged hose and fittings were located.

Today, I tried to order the hose, gaskets and lock nuts. I was required to call the dealer and he contacted his Forest River Rep. Later I found out the Rep is not available until next Tuesday. Bottom line the part is NOT ordered and my wait could be well over a week or more.

It there a way to get parts directly from Forest River and have them shipped overnight? It makes NO sense to me waiting for a dealers Rep to get back in his office before parts can be ordered. This is not the type of customer service I have been use to with my other RV's.

Tim
Fort Myers, FL
trwmodela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 09:41 PM   #2
Commercial Member

If its his Forest River sales rep, why would the dealer need to contact him? Dealer should call his parts rep and if they're out, there's always a backup. I think it's your dealer that's confused if that's the case. Who's the dealer?

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #3

The dealer is RV World of Nokomis, Florida. I DID NOT have a good experience with RV World and would not recommended them to potential customers. They insisted on having my trade the next day because it was the end of the month. I traded a 40 ft diesel pusher and it was going to take me time to unload it.

Two weeks later my new in stock RV was still not ready for me to take delivery. They were waiting on a replacement Dometic awning that was destroyed during delivery. The other items I asked to have installed were done professionally by Dave in there Service Department. Dave was the man that made me feel comfortable because of his knowledge and expertise.

The salesman provided poor customer service if any at all. When I finally arrived to take delivery the RV had not even been washed or cleaned inside. So, I waited for their detail team to wash and clean the interior. I did not want to take it back for a water leak and drain hose replacement. They are 70 miles from my house and it could sit there two weeks.

I just want to order the (40 inch long) 1.5 inch diameter damaged drain flex hose, new gaskets and new lock nuts. This hose was damaged when improperly installed at the factory. It would be a simple fix but I need the parts. I was spoiled owning a Newmar I could call the factory, give them my coach number, they would look up the part I needed and ship it directly to me ASAP.

I do like my new 2013 Forester #3051SF and hope to enjoy many years of traveling and camping. It has a lot of room for a Class C after stepping down from a Class A.

BTW...this is my third RV and I usually do most of the repairs myself.

2011 Fleetwood Bounder
2010 Newmar Dutchstar
2013 Forester #3051SF
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #4
Plain Old Member

Tim, been there with the "call with vin and get parts ASAP" and I do miss it, especially because I do most of my own repairs. Is this 1.5" hose by any chance a sink drain line? Only reason I ask, is I know several other manf. have had problems with flexible drain lines, and I had asked at an RV show on the 3051, "do you think they got it right?". As in, is it going to work flawlessly with no kinks, binding, rubbing or leaking. They couldn't show it to me at the RV show, but man I was curious as to FR's approach to the drain.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:37 AM   #5

Flexaust Uni-loop Hose Assembly

John,
The Flexaust Uni-loop Drain Hose Assembly is under my queen bed at the head. You need to remove that plywood section to gain access to the plumbing. I also took off the middle plywood section to remove the entire hose. Yes, this is the kitchen and vanity sinks drain line. I have a #3051SF with one full slide. The plumbing runs along the kitchen wall past the vanity and under the bed. Then a Flexaust Uni-loop Drain Hose of 1.5 inch in diameter about 40 inches in total length is used. This connects to the ABS 1.5 inch male black pipe just below the head of the bed and down to another ABS 1.5 inch male fitting. The flexaust hose moves when the slide is opened and closed. There are also two fresh water hoses that flex with the movement of the slide. They are white in color and look just like your fresh water hose for City hookup.

My Flexaust Uni-loop was was damaged, one end was cut and bent at the male nipple. Also the 1.5" gasket was twisted and the 1.5" locking nut out of round. This was done at the factory during assembly! BTW...there are heavy clamps that hold both ends of the Flexaust Hose in place at the ABS 1.5" male threaded fittings.

I have plenty of photos to share and can email them to you. Send me your email address in a private message.

Tim Wildey
Fort Myers, FL
Old 05-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #6

Parts received on 05/16/2013 from Forest River Factory and repairs completed today by myself.
Old 05-17-2013, 01:44 PM   #7
Commercial Member

and they all lived happily ever after. The End.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:47 PM   #8
Plain Old Member

Glad to hear all is fixed.
2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote