Old 04-28-2014, 02:41 PM   #1
Forester repairs

I have a Forester 3171 that has the crack in the sidewall fiberglass around the front slide-out. The coach was brought to the dealer on January 20 and as of todays date it has been 98 days in the shop for this repair as well as 14 other smaller warranty items. The dealer tells me this is very normal duration for my type of repair.
Anyone else experience exceptionally long repair times for fiberglass or any other warranty repair work?
To clarify, my unit has the full body paint so more detail to repaint but hourly also good to conceal evidence of the fiberglass repair.

bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #2
I had the same issue on my 3171. I left it with the dealer in mid October and got it back just last week (mid April). 6 months in total and I haven't owned a year yet. I didn't care because it was too cold to use it and it looks great. I am very happy with the overall work.
BTW my dealer sent the unit off to another shop to do the work because they are not equipped to do it themselves so that played a role.

4kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 03:51 PM   #3
Thanks for the reply.
Same thing in my dealers case. They subbed out the fiberglass and paint work.
I unfortunately could have used ours and actually had reservations for last week - the service dept.thought they would be done but damaged a replacement molding on the install so they had order it again and wait for it to arrive.
I'm trying to be patient but we have a big trip planned for May and I'm beginning to have my doubts I can get it trip ready in time.
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote

forester, repair, repairs