Old 12-21-2015, 11:10 PM   #1
Forester roof leaks : new rigs

Hi, if you've experienced a roof leak on your new Forrestor please leave me a post. I had mine for less than two weeks when it leaked like a sive during our first rain.

Auntielo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:30 PM   #2
Welcome to the forum. Read your post on another topic about your leaking roof. Sorry to hear that you are having issues so early on. Good Luck!

2004 Winnebago Minnie 22e(went to a nice family Oct 3, 2015)
2016 Forester 2701DS (Aug 31, 2015)
2015 Camping 3 trips 6 nights
2016 Camping 9 trips 28 nights
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:39 PM   #3
The day we picked up our new Forester this past June we camped 8-mi away from the Dealership - just in case. It rained 3-in that night. Not a drop on moisture in our new Forester. So, it's not all of them.
2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:48 PM   #4
It leaked from the nose cap but the sloshing of water between the walls for days is what makes me push for a new rig
Old 12-22-2015, 12:03 AM   #5
Nose cap leak. Gallons of water sloshing between the walls for days. Dealer said, the rig is mold proof. NOT TRUE. Want another new one.
Old 12-22-2015, 06:27 AM   #6
Based on your statements, stand your ground. You may want to deal with FR if you don't get satisfaction at a local level. Might not hurt to have a lawyer in your pocket too. There is nol way to guarantee the no mold issue without disassembling the entire coach.
The Millers, enjoying life, spending the kids inheritance.

LTRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 07:59 AM   #7
Class C Representative
Where did the leak come in from?
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 09:53 AM   #8
Auntielo, you are about to enter the great void, more commonly known as "the black hole of warranty work".
This is where your dealer will point the finger at FR, and FR will probably tell you to take it to the dealer. In any case, your rig will be in for repairs, for an unknown length of time, while your still making payments on it.
There is no lemon law pertaining to RV's, and unless FR decides to give you a new one (don't hold your breath) out of the goodness of their heart (HA!!!), your stuck with the one you have. The leaks and mold come free of charge.
Even if they find and fix the original leak, you will always worry about mold, rot, and delamination, even though FR or the dealer will say it's not a problem.
Then, after the one year warranty is over, neither will lift a finger to help you, and your now the proud owner of a rig that's lost half it's value.
grumpy0374 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:31 AM   #9
Auntielo1 Hi I got my forester in July a 3051 the first rain we encountered on our way home water started running down the wall
It is not a great feeling we had a 100 mm of rain that day and I was on the roof trying to find a leak. Mind the sealant let go where the front cap joined the roof.i brought a couple tubes of sealant and sealed everything on the roof even the screw heads that had no sealant. This seemed to fix the leak than I brought a dehumidifier and sucked all the moisture out for about 2 weeks . Not sure if it will come back to bite me later.
Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 10:41 AM   #10
Hey Grumpy...the lemon law will cover an RV. I have won a case against Monaco. The only problem is it has to relate to "safety issues" and the coach needs to have a least 3 attempts to make repairs before the "Lemon Law" can be used. It would normally be used against the chassis manufacturer.

1971 20ft fireball (too small)
1987 27ft Tioga (bad brakes / tires)
1998 36ft Discovery (rattles / air leaks)
2005 37ft Monaco Knight (lemon Lawed)
2008 40ft Monaco Diplomat (too big)
2016 Forester 3011 (ordered June 8th - Born Aug 6) IT'S HERE
vwexpert is offline   Reply With Quote

leak, roo, roof