Old 06-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #1

Forester slide leaks

Hi

2014 class c with a slide out that leaks.
I thought leveling the motorhome had fixed the problem but just had a major rain fall and it leaked again. Only on the bottom of 1 side.
Anybody else have this problem and was the dealer able to fix it?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 07-01-2014, 06:55 AM   #2

Where on the slide; the top or bottom near the seals, by a window?
I personally found one of my windows leaking on my living area slide and it was dripping down into the wall. Fortunately I saw it also running outside the interior window trim.
I found that the outside window frame gasket was installed too far away from the edge of the frame and therefore didn't seal against the cutout in the wall.
It makes me want to pull all the windows to check since I got lucky on that one and it showed signs before it caused any water damage.

Bobby

Old 07-01-2014, 07:03 AM   #3

Water is entering through the bottom rail/channel and so far it has only happened when the slide is in. We had a really strong rain storm yesterday and fortunately I had a towel down which soaked up the majority. Hopefully this can be corrected. Thanks for the reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-01-2014, 07:42 AM   #4

So where the wall meets the floor of the slide or coming from under the slide floor onto the coach floor?
It seems like one of the slide side gaskets might be channeling the water into the bottom gasket - although that is usually a problem when the slide is open.
With the slide open follow the side gaskets down and inspect to see if they fold into the bottom horizontal slide gasket.
You just have to follow the path water would take and look for ways it would be directed inward.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:50 AM   #5

The slide is for the bed so it's about 28 inches or so off the floor.
Thanks for your suggestion, I will check it out!

Old 07-01-2014, 08:15 AM   #6
Plain Old Member

If the d-seals are right on the outside, meet snug at the corners and are compressed good while in, then that's weird. Then again, our main slide on the Forster leaked on one corner after the factory had redone all the seals (different than original). I liked he way it looked and signed off on it, took it home and found water in he floor after a rain. This was while the slide was in. Never could figure it out. Traded it leaking like that as nobody could ever figure it out. I would expect issues on a schwintek, but the one that leaked on mine wasn't.

2013 Ford F-350 Lariat CC LB PSD
2015 SOB TT - With OC's Awning Poles (#8)
At least in Heaven, RVs will be perfect, and I won't have to keep fixing them.
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:13 PM   #7
GM

If it is leaking when the slide is in...one of the rubber seals must be torn or dislodged. If it is a bed slide, then it is a Schwintec and if the slide seal is torn then water can ride the metal rail into the motorhome with the slide in.

Run the slide out and inspect all 4 sides of the slide wall (not the slide itself). There should be rubber seals on the main body of coach all the way around.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:30 PM   #8

Hi and thank you for the reply. I put the slide out yesterday and the rubber piece at the top of the slide that folds down over the seal was not folded over. The adhesive or whatever they use to hold it down had lost its "sticky" power. Got that taken care of so hopefully hat will solve the problem.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Tags
forester, leak, slide