Old 01-31-2015, 11:47 AM   #1
Tinkerer and Putterer

Forrester Super C ?

Any plans on taking the existing Forrester floor plans and dropping them on an F550 chassis to make a Super C Diesel?

Just doing some dreaming and was wishing that there were more options in the Super C class that don't cost as much as a Class A Diesel but with the options that made me choose a Forrester over a Winnebago to begin with

Not in the market mind you. Just wishing.

Old 02-01-2015, 12:55 AM   #2
GM

Not at this time. we built the Ridgeview a while back and then the market tanked. We're still a little sour on them

PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
bclemens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 10:10 PM   #3

Brian, put me on the list for one!

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #4

Brian,

I looked at a Thor Four Winds Super C on the F550 chassis at the Pomona RV Show. I did not like the fact that they are not a full body paint or the interior fit and finish. Did like the idea of a Class C on the big truck frame and diesel power. Would trade my 2013 3011 in for a Forester Super C in a similar floor plan built on the Ford Truck. Just dreaming.

Tom

Tom
Old 02-02-2015, 05:55 PM   #5
GM

Let's crowd fund this. If I get enough deposits, maybe I can convince engineering to divert their attention from current projects.
PLEASE do not send questions via Private Message. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only. Our owners manuals are available online and via iPhone/Android Apps. http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/OnlineManual.aspx
Old 02-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #6

Is it a too expensive to build one and show it off at RV shows prior to production?
Old 02-02-2015, 06:30 PM   #7
GM

Only in the sense of engineering time. We already have several projects in the works. First step is to order a chassis and we already have another type of chassis on hand that we haven't even started on yet.
Old 02-02-2015, 10:10 PM   #8

I really liked the Thor Super C bunkhouse, but 90% of them at the dealers come with the exterior kitchen which cuts out 30cuft of storage. Also the void under the bed is inaccessible. The single body length slide was nice too, but the bathroom was a series of compromises IMHO. Now that Forester BH towing is up from the class norm of 5k lb, I am all in as soon as I can sell my current rig.
Old 02-17-2015, 05:14 PM   #9

I almost bought a Thor Ford 550 diesel but could not get passed the 30 to 50K more just because of the chassis. I drove down to Texas to do a walk through on a full body slide and complete full body paint job. I was concerned a 3051S could not tow my Elantra GT and wanted a little more power just in case. The Thor Super C has everything my 3051S has so my brother bought one.

I think the price point is the challenge here. Most won't pay 30-50K just for the diesel.

Frank
2013 Elantra GT (Toad)
WashU EMBA "39
ourflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 06:37 PM   #10

Frank,

I agree I really like the big truck but the cost is prohibitive; but I also Think that if the chassis became popular enough with the buyers the MFG's could get a better per unit price.