Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2018, 10:51 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachsailor View Post
Even with the roller missing the slide functioned correctly. In looking at newer versions for the same model, Forest River has reduced the number of rollers and changed the placement of the rollers.

Yep they got it out the door while it was working to become someone else's problem. Even under warranty the dealer barely gets compensated for his time. That's one of the reasons after warranty repairs are so expensive. Not to mention the loss of time and aggravation by the customer. Most rvers, especially newbies, don't know a problem is looming on the horizon because of poor workmanship. The MFGR & the DEALER are hoping everything at least functions for 12 months no matter how poorly these things are put together. Then it's time to get your wallet out. In my experience unless it's a safety issue they wash their hands of it regardless of the fact that it was put together wrong from the beginning.

So much junk being produced by these people.
Edrps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 10:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hailey View Post
A few days ago I posted that I was starting out on my maiden voyage with my new 3011

Besides new owner stupidity I have had few problems with the unit thus far, except a problem with the bedroom slide. I keep getting error messages and shut downs and it scares the hell out of me that i'm going to get stranded with my slide out.

Yesterday in Myrtle Beach I was able to get a service call from Campers Inn and was very lucky to get a tech that actually works for Lippert, the maker of the swintech (spelling) slides. He was very competent and well versed in the system and showed me how to get myself out of any trouble I might get into during my trip. He also took many pictures of my installation and documented the situation that I have. According to his training my rig is not built right and I don't have rollers supporting where the slide out box goes out of the wall. Without the rollers my box will distort as it goes out and the motors will go out of sync causing my system faults. He showed me that my slide out box is having trouble tracking correctly because it's not coming out even and all the weight is on the motor drive assembly.

I can see that I will have an uphill struggle getting all the people involved in line to do this repair that will probably involve removing the whole slide box.

Wish me luck.

So, did you ever get the slide to contact the rollers?
Old 02-22-2018, 11:17 AM   #23

I contacted Lippert about my slide roller problem and the tech helped me locate the rollers which are there.
When I de-ice/d-winterize this spring I will level up the slide and try to adjust the rollers to actually guide the slide. My concern is that the rollers are attached with self tapping screws into particle board.
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 11:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaplain Kent View Post
I contacted Lippert about my slide roller problem and the tech helped me locate the rollers which are there.
When I de-ice/d-winterize this spring I will level up the slide and try to adjust the rollers to actually guide the slide. My concern is that the rollers are attached with self tapping screws into particle board.

I may try to tackle this over the weekend. If I do I'll let you know what I find. The biggest part of the job is building the blocking structure to lift the slide. I wish the OP would let us know whether or not his problem was solved and how.
Old 02-23-2018, 01:23 PM   #25

I had rented a hydraulic jack to straighten an old garage roof. The jack was only $10.00 for the day. One 2X4 layed on the top will easily lift the slide to get it level.
Let us know how it goes.
Chaplain Kent is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide