Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2014, 04:42 PM   #1

Fresh water tank drain

Okay this a little embarrassing but here goes! When we picked up our Forester 2651S it was well below 20F. As a result the dealer had the unit winterized for us in preparation for winter storage. We went over all the fresh water system components and their location except one, the fresh water tank drain. I have spent a significant amount of time underneath the motor home but CANNOT find the damn drain! I don't need it for a while but I would sure like to know where it is located. Any help would be appreciated.
Gilm2113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:51 PM   #2

On my 3010 it is located in the compartment where the water filter is. In one of the outside storage compartments there is a little door. Open that door and there is a silver valve on the blue water line. Maybe yours is the same. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 04:55 PM   #3

In the 2651, the water filter and FW tank are located under the bed right next to the water pump. I looked in all the compartments with no luck. Thanks for your reply.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:03 PM   #4

Maybe BClemens will hit the forum soon. He's a Forest River rep who is very knowledgeable and donates his time and expertise to this forum.

GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 05:19 PM   #5

Yes, he has helped me before. Thanks again.
Old 11-23-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Average Joe

Did you see a blue line under the rear behind the right rear tire? Follow that line up into the rig and find the valve. Mine is behind an access panel inside the storage compartment behind the right rear tire.

Southern Maryland and Beyond!

MrJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #7

Mr. Joe, I did see a small valve on the side of the passenger side of the tank on the blue line. I wasn't sure what that was. On all my other trailers the valve has been underneath the unit. I was assuming that the red and blue lines were only the low point drains that are located immediately behind the passenger side rear wheel mud flap. What you are saying is that by opening the blue low point drain plug and opening the valve under the bed it will drain the fresh tank? Seems like an awkward way to do it!
Do you have a trick for holding up the mattress? Is your filter under ther too? It looks like my unit did not come with the valve on the inlet side of the water pump to draw in antifreeze, I will need to add that this spring/summer.
Thank you very much, you have helped me out several times recently and I appreciate it
Old 11-23-2014, 06:08 PM   #8

I may try putting a hinge on the plywood section so I can rotate it up and it may hold up the mattress for the routine maintenance.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:23 PM   #9
Average Joe

I get to mine via the outside storage. I have two drains. The valved blue is my fresh tank and a capped red drains the house.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:26 PM   #10

I do not have access to any of this through an outside storage compartment. The only access is through the plywood access panel under the bed.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #11
Average Joe

The 2450 looks like this. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1416788345.231769.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	461.8 KB
ID:	66801

Old 11-23-2014, 07:30 PM   #12

Thanks Joe, I wish mine was like that. I have to hold up a queen size mattress, remove six screws just be able to see the water pump and filter sandwiched in with the FW tank. It is really in a bad place to access after each trip when I want to empty our tank between trips!
I may have to see if I can reroute and add my own valve outside the unit.
Thank you Sir, I appreciate taking the time to take a picture for me and I am envious of your setup! Have a great Thanksgiving.

Tags
drain, fresh water, tank, water, water tank