Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2017, 07:53 PM   #1

Fridge temperature four 3050

How cold does the fridge get. mine is only getting down to 44 is that right. should it colder
jackpaulg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:29 PM   #2

If you post your refrigerator's make and model number others with the same could give you a comparison.
RamblerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 08:36 PM   #3

It should get colder, but depends on how long you had it running. Mine, when hooked up to house takes like a day to get in the 30s. Lowest I have seen it is 35 (per digital read on the fridge). Also, did you set the temperature correct. Mine goes to level 5 which is coldest.
kceezie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 02:51 AM   #4
Road Trippin

I own a 2017 3011 with the double door frig. Just came back from a 6 day trip to Death Valley and Lake Tahoe. On setting "5" my frig stayed around 33-35 degrees at night and averaged between 35-37 degrees during the day. All within safe zone. Average temp outside was around 95 degrees during the day. I think at one point I saw the temp rise to about 40 degrees when the sun was beating down on the side of the RV where the frig is located.

I spend a lot of time in the desert and will probably eventually pull the frig out and add more insulation to help maintain the cooling. There is a lot of wasted air space around the frig that heats up and makes the frig work harder. Probably not a big deal if you camp in cooler areas.
pismolocal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 08:25 AM   #5

We also have the four door gas / electric fridge. On setting five, the digital reading normally shows 34 degrees !

Pismo - living here in Fl I may also be interested in additional insulation around the fridge. If you do it, please post some pics ! I also notice heat coming into the kitchen cabinets from the water heater I may try to do something with.
1930 lbs CCC
2014 Jeep Rubicon JK
Going where the weather suits my clothes.
Steeljag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pismolocal View Post
I own a 2017 3011 with the double door frig. Just came back from a 6 day trip to Death Valley and Lake Tahoe. On setting "5" my frig stayed around 33-35 degrees at night and averaged between 35-37 degrees during the day. All within safe zone. Average temp outside was around 95 degrees during the day. I think at one point I saw the temp rise to about 40 degrees when the sun was beating down on the side of the RV where the frig is located.

I spend a lot of time in the desert and will probably eventually pull the frig out and add more insulation to help maintain the cooling. There is a lot of wasted air space around the frig that heats up and makes the frig work harder. Probably not a big deal if you camp in cooler areas.
The temp of the fridge (typically 34-35 on 5 after 12 hrs) will vary depending on the temp in and sun on the rig as well as how long it's been on and how frequently it is opened. If you are going to be staying in the desert, make sure to cover all windows and vents (including shower) with light blocking material and put the awning down to keep the sunlight off the exterior frig wall. Before removing the frig and installing more insulation, I would try an internal fan in the fridge to circulate and provide a lower more consistent frig temp. There are many in the market so find the one you like and try it out.

PS. I have a 2016 3011 with double door frig
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:37 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
The temp of the fridge (typically 34-35 on 5 after 12 hrs) will vary depending on the temp in and sun on the rig as well as how long it's been on and how frequently it is opened. If you are going to be staying in the desert, make sure to cover all windows and vents (including shower) with light blocking material and put the awning down to keep the sunlight off the exterior frig wall. Before removing the frig and installing more insulation, I would try an internal fan in the fridge to circulate and provide a lower more consistent frig temp. There are many in the market so find the one you like and try it out.

PS. I have a 2016 3011 with double door frig
the fan is a good idea. I have the same RV and fridge as you and my fridge gets down to 35 when set to level 5 and it is empty but when full it is usually around 37 at night and then during the day in the sun ( I was in the Outer Banks last week in the mid 80's) and it was up to 43 at some point. Nothing spoiled but the temp fluctuates a ton when it is full of food.
77rednecktruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #8

I had fridge issues until I installed both an inside fan (to circulate air inside the fridge) and outside fans (to move air across the the evaporator).

My fridge is in a slide so the outside fans were this biggest improvement. In a slide, natural convection doesn't work very well because the exhaust vent is on the side and not the roof.
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 09:55 PM   #9

Also, check your handles on the 4 door fridge. They are prone to breaking. It's often not real obvious from a casual glance but it can cause the doors not to close as tight as they should.
jrwalkerpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 05:26 PM   #10

We have the 4-door RV fridge (dometic) and we routinely see 33 to 34 degrees. Always make sure the RV is level. The fridge doesn't work well if it's way out of level.

Tags
305, fridge