Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2015, 09:30 PM   #21

On mine the fridge is in the slide out and has the long gas hose I have found that if the trailer has been sitting for some time I have to break the connection at the fridge and bleed the air off or it will not lite.

2001 Ford F-350 DRW 7.3
2011 25 RL Wildcat
former fiver 1976 Fourwinds had for 35 years
onetonford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Start simple, is the buttons above the fridge turned to on and auto? Check to make sure all propane knobs are turned appropriately and show green. Next, Check to see if the pilot is igniting. Turn it off, wait a couple of minutes and have someone turn the fridge on while you stand by the pilot listening for the clicks and see if it ignites. Is it possible there is air in the line that needs to be purged? Check to see if there are any valves to cut flow off to fridge (my Sabre has this). Do you have propane to your stove?
I agree with everything as far as you go. Most refrigerators I have seen will try to ignite the pilot two or three times and if he can't light it will shut off. If you have air in the line you may have to run it through three cycles to get the air out. Pull the covers so you can see what's happening. Turn it on and let it try to run. If it doesn't light turn it off and waited a few minutes and do it again. It is possible there is a gas shut off on the refrigerator so check the gas line inside the panel to make sure there's not one and if there is make sure the valve is turned on.

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:08 AM   #23

Mine has issues lighting when its set to Auto for some reason when i disconnect from shore power so i change it to LP, turn it off and back on again and it lites first or second click. Weird but it works.

Doug and Toni & Penny
2014 Wildcat Maxx T28RLS TT
2013 Silverado Z71 5.3L 3.42gears
Nites Camped 2015: 21
S1LV3R4D0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #24

My XLR Thunderbolt had the same issue, mine was because of a kinked propane hose under the slideout. It was a bad design in my opinion (the fitting should have been a 90 instead of a straight fitting) but by getting some more slack in the hose and removing the kink, it now works fine.
-John
- Air Bags
2kcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 01:27 PM   #25
2012 Sunseeker 2650CDS

No clicks

It's not clicking trying to light so I figure it's a pilot light problem. Have a guy come to look at it in a week. I'll let everyone know what the verdict is. Thanks for the help everyone!
mrwiensie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 07:23 AM   #26
2012 Sunseeker 2650CDS

What was wrong with the fridge

It was the gas valve. After changing 2 mother boards (one on top of the fridge and another in the outside cupboard) it still didn't work. Changed the gas valve with a new kit (250$) and it worked fine. Apparently there is an issue with this gas valve design of this vintage. Just finished 5 days of dry camping. Fortunately I could return the mother boards. Yahoo!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:11 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwiensie View Post
It was the gas valve. After changing 2 mother boards (one on top of the fridge and another in the outside cupboard) it still didn't work. Changed the gas valve with a new kit (250$) and it worked fine. Apparently there is an issue with this gas valve design of this vintage. Just finished 5 days of dry camping. Fortunately I could return the mother boards. Yahoo!
You are lucky in one respect! Most places won't take any electrical parts back. $250.00 for a gas valve? What came with the kit?

Jim
oldtool2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fridge