Old 07-14-2015, 01:21 PM   #11
Class C Representative

Check all the seals around the lights and the front cap. It's always a possibility that somewhere the seal is no longer doing it's job.

Old 07-14-2015, 01:48 PM   #12

Joshua,
for me tell the truth is something best what people can do, but how my experience teach me, Forest River group have so many issues with quality of they craftsmanship and quality control ( so many complain from people who have Forest River group products Rv's and MH's).
Theoretically you are right climate conditions are involved but that much, no way, gat your products more warranty time, 3 years minimum and proof your quality work and cooperate with buyers on manner of real HELP.
Thank you .....

Old 07-14-2015, 01:59 PM   #13

The seals in the roof and cap joint look good. The repair shop laid something that looks like putty over that seam and then painted it to match the cap. I see no cracks at all.

The clearance lights though have a few water droplets in them. So I am beginning to think that may be the culprit. When we stop for the night I will try to make a temporary stop leak. Any ideas?

Gorilla tape over the entire lens and opening perhaps.
Old 07-14-2015, 02:38 PM   #14

Clearance Lights

4kids those are the lights I was referring to...just could not think of what they were called when I posted.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:09 PM   #15
Class C Representative

Any walmart or hardware store should have a sealant for a few bucks that would hold until you got back to your service shop.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:17 PM   #16

Sunseeker fiber glass roofs

Question: On the top of the fiberglass roof is 30 plus screws down each side on top.
Should these exposed screws be covered with dicor
They must be sealed underneath but expose screws does not make one have a comfortable feeling about no leaks...
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #17

looking forward to a response to all the 60 plus screws on the top of the Sunseeker fiberglas roof. one of these are covered with dicore so how are they sealed to prevent leaks Did the factory miss this?
Old 07-14-2015, 09:20 PM   #18
Class C Representative

Are they not covered with caulk or a sealant of some sort? I don't think I've seen any leave the factory line without a white clump of sealant being put on top of the screw head.
PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:06 PM   #19

I too had leaks on my 3171. The dealer only kept caulking the seam from the roof to the fiberglass cap.
I would keep a close eye on any evidence for water getting in.
Each time I drive the coach water would drip from the outside trim corners where it rolls under the overcab (a place it normally would not with rain) and inside by the drivers sunvisor.
I had enough. Knowing how damaging water can be I took my own measures and borrowed a large blower and basically used it to pressurize the coach. Sprayed a soap water mixture around everything. I was shocked at the locations that were bubbling. These are areas that are supposed to be water tight.
In brief; my front cap leaks were the clearance lights, the top seam (even though it had a thick lather of sealant, the sealant doesn't bond to the vinyl trim used to cover the securing screws so water channeled behind the sealant) and the final major leak point was at the cove where the fiberglass cap contours to the side. There is another trim that is basically the gutter system that runs the length of the coach. The securing screws for the gutter trim where it secures in at the fiberglass cap was actually channeling water in. (Sorry, I know I said in brief).
I have photos and documented this well and communicated with FR. I ended up fixing this all myself.
I did a recent pressure check of the coach again and the roof is tight. I have a few windows to seal though.

The crack under the slide should be covered - even out of warranty. The 3171 had a wall framing issue that FR has been taking care of.
If leak history can help you then pm me and I can send you my photos.

Bobby
Old 07-15-2015, 12:30 PM   #20

Bobby what kind of blower did you use? Leaf blower or some industrial blower.

Tags
leak