Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 02:28 PM   #1

Fuel Cap Warning Light

Last weekend on my way from VA to PA for a Penn State football weekend, the fuel cap warning light came on in my 2015 Forester 3011DS. I pulled over and took the cap off and tightened it again, and turned the engine off for a few minutes and then started it up again. Warning light stayed on. Two days later on my way back to VA, the check engine light also came on. I called the dealer and they said it was a Ford issue and they could not help me. I took the RV to a local Ford commercial truck service center two days ago. They ran a couple quick tests and said they needed to drop the fuel tank to check some more things. I left the RV there and they are going to continue to try to diagnose the problem this week. Has anything similar to this ever happened to anyone else?
steveadamcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 04:39 PM   #2

Has not happened to me on my Forester but has on one of my personal cars. . Ended up to be some kind of emissions sensor. . I'm surprised though they couldn't tell from the code the check engine light was throwing.
sgtlm17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light