Old 03-29-2016, 10:02 AM   #11

The techs comments are a valid concern. But I don't know he has seen some of the floor plans where the exhaust is very close to a slide out. If there isn't a ground breeze to disperse the exhaust fumes they can "hang around" under the slide and start to come in to the unit. I know with the "W" I could smell diesel exhaust, from the diesel genset, on some days. That is why I bought the Gen-Turi, it solved that issue.

With the GTS genset exhaust being right in front of the dinette slide out I'll be watching for the same exhaust issue. If it is a problem I already have a easy solution...

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 09:20 PM   #12

Ok, I have to ask. What is the "W"?

Old 03-30-2016, 01:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbdRahim View Post
Ok, I have to ask. What is the "W"?
Gotcha eh? Look in my signature... It is a Sunseeker MBS 2400W. A "W" is the MBS floor plan with the almost full length drivers side slide out. It became the nickname for ours...

We just finished trading it in on a 2017 Sunseeker GTS 2800QSF that was ordered on March 21st...

Old 03-30-2016, 07:55 PM   #14

Always thought about adding one of these but read in the manual they could void warranty (page 2)

http://power.cummins.com/sites/defau.../F-1123-EN.pdf

2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 03-30-2016, 08:30 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles609 View Post
Always thought about adding one of these but read in the manual they could void warranty (page 2)
That is some good info... I'm not sure the Gen-Turi is truly an "exhaust extension" per se though. It is intentionally not gas tight as there is an open area at the bottom that allows cool air to mix with the exhaust gases. The individual sections of the "smoke stack" connections are snug but they aren't gas tight either. Keeping the Gen-Turi's weight off of the existing exhaust pipe is another good point. That is also discussed in the Gen-Turi user manual.

When I think of an "exhaust pipe extension", the way Cummin's is describing one, I think of the folks I've seen run cheap flex pipe clamped to their OEM exhaust. That meets all the bad issues Cummins is concerned with plus a few more...

The video linked below does a good job explaining how the Gen-Turi works.

Old 09-11-2017, 01:51 PM   #16

I find it amazing in this litigation happy country, that every RV manufacture who includes an Onan [or similar] genset with their rigs has not been sued for such a huge potential safety risk.

On my Georgetown, the Onan exhaust comes out in the middle of the long slide out between the Kit table [bed] and the Couch [bed]. HELLO!!!!!

To follow the RV manufactures logic, the exhaust pipe from the V10 engine would only be 2 feet long and everyone would be buying 3rd party exhaust pipe extensions.

While I detest lawyers, this is just begging for a lawsuit.

Tags
forester