Old 03-22-2016, 09:11 PM   #1

Gen-Turi on Forester

Anyone sing a Gen-Turi on a 2801 or other Forester with generator just behind. the driver door. Did you install it yourself or have the eaglet install it. How long does it take to set up and take down?

Old 03-23-2016, 01:22 AM   #2

my friend has one on his diesel generator on his class A. He has it set up before you can open a beer.

Old 03-23-2016, 07:55 PM   #3

Once you install the adapter on the generator exhaust pipe putting the "smoke stack" on is very quick and easy. On my MBS I can attach the stabilizer cords to the rear ladder.

When our GTS 2800 arrives the genset moves up behind the drivers door so I picked up a set of Gen-Turi Generator Exhaust Anchors at Camping World. Those should hold it with no issues....

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 09:58 PM   #4

I get this moves the exhaust above the roof but does it help at all with the sound. I've heard 1db which seems to me it doesnt
Old 03-24-2016, 09:52 AM   #5

It's not a muffler... On my "W" the diesel genset is located under the bed and it makes no difference in sound level. Getting the exhaust up in the air above the roof helps disperse it so you don't get ground level "smog" cloud around your rig.

You do need to make sure your roof vent doesn't suck the fumes in to the rig. On the "W" I set my rear Fan-Tastic fan for "exhaust" and the front Fan-Tastic for "intake" to avoid any issues. On the GTS you should probably reverse those fan settings since the genset is up front.

Old 03-25-2016, 05:06 PM   #6

My concern was how and where people attached the anchors in front of the slide. are the anchors rigid , or do they pull the pie against the coach body for support. I imagine one has to drill into the body to attach the anchors?
Old 03-25-2016, 07:11 PM   #7

The Gen-Turi Generator Exhaust Anchors are suction cups. There is no drilling required. The cords that the Gen-Turi "smokestack" uses are only there to stabilize it, they aren't load bearing....

Old 03-25-2016, 07:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLdr1 View Post
The Gen-Turi Generator Exhaust Anchors are suction cups. There is no drilling required. The cords that the Gen-Turi "smokestack" uses are only there to stabilize it, they aren't load bearing....

Thanks
Old 03-28-2016, 07:43 AM   #9

A couple of years ago, while attending a RV Maintenance Rally, a Technician from the local Cummins/Onan dealer in Elkhart, Indiana cautioned us against using a Gen-Turi. Especially in close parking rallies and campgrounds or boondocking as you may blow exhaust into an open window of a neighbor RV and also as mentioned previously an exhaust fan on your unit sucking the exhaust into your rig. His advice was to let the generator blow just as its plumbed from the factory.
Rockin M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #10

In a truck stop all of the diesel cars (big trucks) are exhausted above the roof. With the driver side slide open it has come inside the living area as plumbed from factory. I was on a coward incline on my driveway. So I guess trial and error, common sense and depends on where you are.

Tags
forester