Old 08-04-2012, 02:05 PM   #1

Generator running but no power to appliances or a/c

Hi all,
We are traveling in a 2011 Forester we borrowed from a friend. We're not getting power to any of the appliances all of a sudden. Checked all breakers and nothings tripped. I'm wondering if there are any other breakers or fuses to check besides the ones in the panel inside.

Old 08-04-2012, 02:28 PM   #2

I'm assuming by your statement "We're not getting power to any of the appliances all of a sudden" that things were working when all of a sudden it all shut down. If this is the case, there are some fuses associated with the generator itself found on or right beside the generator, in the generator compartment outside the living quarters of the RV. Not sure what brand of genny you have, but mine is a Generac, and they are on the actual generator unit, and they would control power leaving the unit to power the RV.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #3

Wow you don't give much to go on. Here's a few ideas. If you had power from genset earlier: there are 30 amp breakers on gen set itself usually under a large cocer. Small flipper switches.

You've found the breaker panel locate the 30 amp supply breaker and open it then close it.

If never had power this trip, sometimes m/h power cord must be plugged into a receptacle nearby from the gen compartment.

Hope one of thesebwork!
Old 08-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #4

Hey folks, thanks for the suggestions. It was an issue with the breaker in the gen compartment being tripped. Today we learned that you cannot run any of the large draw appliances simultaneously while under generator power. This is a great resource. Don't be surprised to hear from me again.

Tim
Old 08-04-2012, 02:44 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoone
Hey folks, thanks for the suggestions. It was an issue with the breaker in the gen compartment being tripped. Today we learned that you cannot run any of the large draw appliances simultaneously while under generator power. This is a great resource. Don't be surprised to hear from me again.

Tim
Welcome to the forum!
Old 08-10-2012, 08:19 PM   #6

Thank you to all, our generator had same issue and we found the breaker.