Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2015, 01:39 PM   #41

I noticed that there is a new Bigfoot control panel that replaces the box under the seat. On the units I saw the control panel, it was installed by the entry stairs, low on the side panel. Is there a way to lock the panel so my 2 yr old doesn't make adjustments when he pushes buttons (because he will when he sees the led status light)?

BTW, the new panel is much more attractive.
steverkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 12:20 AM   #42

Steve, what's the latest on your units arrival date?
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2015, 08:25 PM   #43

I'd love to know. Last I heard was that it was going online early May. We have plans to use it Memorial Day Weekend so fingers crossed!

BTW, I sent you a private message asking you the same question. What have you heard?
Old 05-10-2015, 10:10 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
I'd love to know. Last I heard was that it was going online early May. We have plans to use it Memorial Day Weekend so fingers crossed!

BTW, I sent you a private message asking you the same question. What have you heard?
We ordered ours the end of March and at that time they said around the end of June. No word since.

Side note: regarding private msg. I didn't check msg's the last few days because in the upper right corner under the user name it showed no unread msg's. I just checked and I see your msg from Friday. Don't know what's going on, but will check more often now.
Old 05-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #45

We ordered on 3/4 and were quoted 12 weeks by CW. So, soon I hope...
Old 05-11-2015, 11:15 AM   #46

We ordered 3/11 hope also to have soon
debken3171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #47

We ordered our Forester 2501TS on March 7th and took delivery on May 7th. If you are ordering a new RV plan on 10 to 12 weeks for delivery and then you won't be disappointed if it arrives earlier than that. Once your RV is built they still need to schedule a driver to drive it to your dealer. That can take awhile depending on where you live.
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2015, 11:42 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickers View Post
We ordered our Forester 2501TS on March 7th and took delivery on May 7th. If you are ordering a new RV plan on 10 to 12 weeks for delivery and then you won't be disappointed if it arrives earlier than that. Once your RV is built they still need to schedule a driver to drive it to your dealer. That can take awhile depending on where you live.
That's quick. Where are you located and who did you order thru? Also, there may be a longer build time on the 3171's.
Old 05-12-2015, 12:29 AM   #49

We ordered thru Camping World in Fresno, CA. The model we wanted (2501 TS on a Chevy chassis) was already scheduled to be built as a generic order for a dealer. We we're able to assume the order and have our custom requests installed instead. We were told we'd have our RV in about 3 or 4 weeks since we were able to jump in line to have it built. As it turned out, thru a lot of miscommunication and a few hang ups it still took 11 weeks to have our RV delivered to us.

My wife and I visited the Forester Factory in Elkhart, Indiana a couple of weeks ago. We found out that once the chassis is online and the RV is ready to be built it actually takes less than 2 days to build any Forester model. They actually build all models of Sunseekers and Foresters side by side on the assembly line in the same plant. After an RV is built it then takes a few days to get it painted. In reality it's actually a pretty quick build process.

Getting it scheduled for delivery after it's built and painted also takes some time. It then took the driver about 5 days of driving and 2300 miles to deliver our RV to Fresno from the factory. So, even tho we bought it new it already had a lot of miles on it when we got it.
stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 08:05 AM   #50

Great info! Thanks! I would suspect full body paint takes a few extra days as well.
Old 05-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #51
Commercial Member

Full body paint can take as long as 14 extra days.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 08:04 PM   #52

That's what my dealer just told me as well but I said nah, I know a guy.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:52 PM   #53

It arrived today! It looks so sharp. Nice to see it has LEDs front and back. Thanks Brian!
Old 05-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by steverkemp View Post
It arrived today! It looks so sharp. Nice to see it has LEDs front and back. Thanks Brian!
Good to hear it finally arrived. How long did it take to do the walk thru? Also, keep us posted regarding the good and the bad as far as any problems you might be having. Ours, which is just like yours, should be arriving the end of June. Happy and safe camping to you Steve.
Old 05-23-2015, 03:56 PM   #55

I didn't take delivery today as it just arrived. It will probably be Tues or Weds next week.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:52 AM   #56

Here are a couple of short videos of our new Forester and the reaction by the kids. Ignore my commentary because it was intended for my wife (who still happens to find me humorous, although I don't know why).
http://youtu.be/ruhzTOwROpk

Old 05-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #57

Wow ! It looks great! Congrats. Happy Camping!
Old 05-25-2015, 06:05 PM   #58

[QUOTE=steverkemp;873201]Here are a couple of short videos of our new Forester and the reaction by the kids.

Nice, now I know what I ours will look like when it arrives the end of June. Did you get to take it home today?
Old 05-26-2015, 11:19 PM   #59

Looking good! Your family will enjoy it so much. Congratulations!

Were the LED headlights and taillights an upgrade or is that standard for the 2016?
Old 05-27-2015, 12:36 AM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by ORvideoguy View Post
Looking good! Your family will enjoy it so much. Congratulations!

Were the LED headlights and taillights an upgrade or is that standard for the 2016?
The LED lights are a 2016 model feature change. To clarify, they are not the headlights but rather the front marker lights (top) and the rear tail lights. The side and rear marker lights are still incandescent. Hope that helps.