Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2016, 10:10 AM   #1
Member
 
Kyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Got the camera installed

I got the RVS camera and mounted it just under the center marker light on the RV. I used 1/4 X 1 inch long lag bolts. Pre drilled holes of course. They worked great.
I ran the camera cable through 3/4 inch white pvc conduit down the back of the RV just inside the ladder mounts, with an elbow at the bottom turned under the frame. The cable runs under the RV and up to the firewall where it enters the cab.
I didn't want to try routing the cable through the walls and the conduit worked great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00095.JPG
Views:	58
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	110785   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00096.JPG
Views:	61
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	110786   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00097.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	110787  
__________________

__________________
Kyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:53 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
waiter21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 627
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I drilled through tto the inside of the wall and put a small junction box inside.

In this article, I originally had wireless. However, I have since rewired and ran the video cable and power lines all the way to the dash.. The wireless was interfering with the TPMS I installed on my Toad and Dolly.

Rear View Camera | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

..
__________________

__________________
2001 Coachmen Mirada (Ford F53 6.8L V10) - Toad 2003 Saturn Vue
It won't do MACH 2, but I can get a sandwich and take a pee.
waiter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:03 PM   #3
Member
 
Kyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I drilled through tto the inside of the wall and put a small junction box inside.

In this article, I originally had wireless. However, I have since rewired and ran the video cable and power lines all the way to the dash.. The wireless was interfering with the TPMS I installed on my Toad and Dolly.

Rear View Camera | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

..
That is the reason I didn't use a wireless camera. Too susceptable to interference problems.
Your installation sounds good, but I just ran all wiring externally under the frame along the route of some existing wiring, then up into the engine bay and through a hole in the firewall to the dash.
I sealed the firewall hole with hi temp sealant.
I'm installing a toggle switch on the dash for power on and off if wanted.

I'm curious, how did you route your wiring from the junction box you installed to the front of the rv?
__________________
Kyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:06 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 173
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyfan View Post
I got the RVS camera and mounted it just under the center marker light on the RV. I used 1/4 X 1 inch long lag bolts. Pre drilled holes of course. They worked great.
I ran the camera cable through 3/4 inch white pvc conduit down the back of the RV just inside the ladder mounts, with an elbow at the bottom turned under the frame. The cable runs under the RV and up to the firewall where it enters the cab.
I didn't want to try routing the cable through the walls and the conduit worked great.
Looks great! How is the system working?

Curt
__________________
RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 04:38 PM   #5
Member
 
Kyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Fan44 View Post
Looks great! How is the system working?

Curt
Worked great on a local drive. We,'re heading on a long trip out west in the next few weeks. I wired it to be on whenever the ignition key is in acc. or on. I also installed a toggle switch on the dash just in case there is a need to switch it off.
__________________
Kyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 09:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: NJ
Posts: 500
I plan on adding a second camera to my RV that will be attached to the ladder and the cable routed similar to what you did to the Jensen in dash system. That will be used as a backup camera only which will then allow me to use the existing camera system to be used as a full time rear view camera so that I can keep an eye on my toad and traffic behind me.
__________________
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:50 PM   #7
Member
 
Kyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
I plan on adding a second camera to my RV that will be attached to the ladder and the cable routed similar to what you did to the Jensen in dash system. That will be used as a backup camera only which will then allow me to use the existing camera system to be used as a full time rear view camera so that I can keep an eye on my toad and traffic behind me.
That should work just fine. I actually went ahead and odered the rvs camera and monitor. I hooked the monitor and plugged a video cable to the Jensen radio video input. I will not use the Jensen camera input unless there is a problem with the rvs screen, but figured it would be a good backup if needed. Both screens can work at the same time if for some reason you want that.
The resolution and picture on the rvs screen is better than the Jensen, but the Jensen works good also.
__________________

__________________
Kyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
led

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 PM.