Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-11-2016, 09:10 AM   #1

Got the camera installed

I got the RVS camera and mounted it just under the center marker light on the RV. I used 1/4 X 1 inch long lag bolts. Pre drilled holes of course. They worked great.
I ran the camera cable through 3/4 inch white pvc conduit down the back of the RV just inside the ladder mounts, with an elbow at the bottom turned under the frame. The cable runs under the RV and up to the firewall where it enters the cab.
I didn't want to try routing the cable through the walls and the conduit worked great.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00095.JPG
Views:	112
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	110785   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00096.JPG
Views:	109
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	110786   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00097.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	153.0 KB
ID:	110787  
Kyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #2

I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I drilled through tto the inside of the wall and put a small junction box inside.

In this article, I originally had wireless. However, I have since rewired and ran the video cable and power lines all the way to the dash.. The wireless was interfering with the TPMS I installed on my Toad and Dolly.

Rear View Camera | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

Old 06-11-2016, 11:03 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by waiter21 View Post
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but I drilled through tto the inside of the wall and put a small junction box inside.

In this article, I originally had wireless. However, I have since rewired and ran the video cable and power lines all the way to the dash.. The wireless was interfering with the TPMS I installed on my Toad and Dolly.

Rear View Camera | 2001 Coachmen Mirada 300QB

That is the reason I didn't use a wireless camera. Too susceptable to interference problems.
Your installation sounds good, but I just ran all wiring externally under the frame along the route of some existing wiring, then up into the engine bay and through a hole in the firewall to the dash.
I sealed the firewall hole with hi temp sealant.
I'm installing a toggle switch on the dash for power on and off if wanted.

I'm curious, how did you route your wiring from the junction box you installed to the front of the rv?
Old 06-14-2016, 03:06 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyfan View Post
I got the RVS camera and mounted it just under the center marker light on the RV. I used 1/4 X 1 inch long lag bolts. Pre drilled holes of course. They worked great.
I ran the camera cable through 3/4 inch white pvc conduit down the back of the RV just inside the ladder mounts, with an elbow at the bottom turned under the frame. The cable runs under the RV and up to the firewall where it enters the cab.
I didn't want to try routing the cable through the walls and the conduit worked great.
Looks great! How is the system working?

Curt
RV_Fan44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 03:38 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV_Fan44 View Post
Looks great! How is the system working?

Curt
Worked great on a local drive. We,'re heading on a long trip out west in the next few weeks. I wired it to be on whenever the ignition key is in acc. or on. I also installed a toggle switch on the dash just in case there is a need to switch it off.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #6

I plan on adding a second camera to my RV that will be attached to the ladder and the cable routed similar to what you did to the Jensen in dash system. That will be used as a backup camera only which will then allow me to use the existing camera system to be used as a full time rear view camera so that I can keep an eye on my toad and traffic behind me.
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:50 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
I plan on adding a second camera to my RV that will be attached to the ladder and the cable routed similar to what you did to the Jensen in dash system. That will be used as a backup camera only which will then allow me to use the existing camera system to be used as a full time rear view camera so that I can keep an eye on my toad and traffic behind me.
That should work just fine. I actually went ahead and odered the rvs camera and monitor. I hooked the monitor and plugged a video cable to the Jensen radio video input. I will not use the Jensen camera input unless there is a problem with the rvs screen, but figured it would be a good backup if needed. Both screens can work at the same time if for some reason you want that.
The resolution and picture on the rvs screen is better than the Jensen, but the Jensen works good also.

Tags
led