Old 08-12-2016, 12:19 PM   #11
And, to throw more information (and confusion) at you, the Forest River Sunseeker has the same floor plans as the Forester, but a little less 'fluff" than the Forester. However, there is a big price difference between the two. Both have the Ford E450 cutaway cab, fiberglass roof, full body paint, LED lighting, etc.

Comparing the Forester to the Sunseeker is like comparing an Itasca to a Winnebago. Same company, same floor plans, less "fluff", etc.

My story is that I was downsizing from a huge Diesel Pusher, to a Class C. I chose the Sunseeker because that's what my local dealer carried and they did not carry the Forester.

Good luck with your search.

Wayne Lee
Out West Somewhere

2016 Sunseeker 3050DS towing 2006 Hummer H3

WayneLee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:56 PM   #12
Class C

Just took our third trip in our new Coachmen Freelander 27QB. I looked for a floor plan that was roomy without slides trying to make set up as quick as possible because we want to do a cross country to Nat. Parks staying a day or two at each. Ours is on the E350 SD and happy with the ride. Did not want the 450 which has a little more capacity for cargo but I did not want the stiff truck ride. The dinette, couch, driver and pass. seats have 9 belts. There is lots of storage sq footage also so you do not have to take two things out to get at something.

markb422 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 12:58 PM   #13
buying a new class C

My wife liked the interior of the Leprechaun the best, so that's what we went with. So far, we have loved it and had very few problems. I have not had any problems because if the wife is happy, I am happy.
kjrmhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 01:40 PM   #14
Coachmen Leprechaun 319mb

We ordered a 2017 Coachmen Leprechaun319mb and love the large interior space, the fireplace, the u shaped dinette and the two large televisions with all the bells and whistles. The only glitch we have found so far is that in trying to automatically level it with the Big foot leveler system, then the entry door wouldn't close correctly. Guess we need to manually level it next time. I am sure it is our inexperience. We also love the true island full queen bed and the closet that is in the bedroom slide out.

No regrets yet!
Pat Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 04:47 PM   #15
'People One thing that I did find that the rear air bags are nice''....but have to add air like every 2 to 3 weeks. I bought the 2017 2861 DS by Forest River. Just love this floor plan with outside kitchen and the Bigfoot auto leveling system . Good luck.. Also welcome to the forum.
wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 05:06 PM   #16
There seems to be no end to the options. Our 2014 Sun Seeker (2500TS) has 4 seat belts around the dinette. (You can park on almost any lot or easily get into any camp site) Power drivers seat and the Atwood hot water heater. Cummings Generator.Big foot leveling jacks and 3 slides. So lots of options and others..
Ours came with a 165 watt solar panel so that really saves on using the generator and maintaining the batteries.
One thing you may want to consider is the full paint. As we know everything that sits in the blazing sun soaks up heat and the full paint would be much warmer than just the normal graphics and you really pay for full paint. (although it is pretty)
One thing you may get out of the dealer is a front end alignment. We had ours done after about a year and the alignment really made a difference in steering. It was out quote a bit. I don't think there is a travel trailer sold/made that has any of the wheels balanced. And motor homes are no exception.
Just suggestions.

2014 2500TS
Sun Seeker
brandon 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #17
thanks to everyone for your input,we like both the coachmen and the forest river,decisions,decisions, wish i could find a dealer that has both so i could look at then side by side
6thcav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 06:55 AM   #18
We also have a 2500TS,,, much smaller than what you are looking for,,, but I would differently want full paint !!! The thing I dislike the most is the U shape dinette,,, It is not a very comfortable place to set for long !!! Would love to have a Sofa Bed,,, or a couple of recliners !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 10:07 AM   #19
Originally Posted by Rvrphdawg View Post
One minor annoyance on our Forester is the fact that the side gutters end directly above the cab doors. Any condensation/rain etc will pour down on you when you open the cab door, directly on the power window switches. No remedy that I've found. Gutter extensions didn't help

Forester 3011DS
Same exact situation on our 2016 Sunseeker 3010 DS. Was a little surprised when it happened from rain but very surprised when the condensate from the A/C poured down on a clear day. Annoying for sure!
Lazy Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 07:41 AM   #20
Maybe we could set up with the front a little higher that the rear ???
Ours likes to drip on the drivers side mirror,,, with drip extenders !!!

Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote

class c