Old 11-03-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
DaLexusGuy

Help (please) ... DVD player issue

Hey all,

So I installed a small DVD player in the cubby above the entry door on my 2801. I connected it to power and to the HDMI connector that was factory installed inside that same cubby but when I turn it on and try to play a movie, I can't get either TV to recognize the DVD player as an input. We have a trip coming up soon and we may be stuck inside the unit quite a bit depending on weather. If you've solved this mystery, please advise. Thank you!

LeoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #2

Did you try to set the TV to HDMI mode? It may not have a DVD mode, but instead uses a HDMI mode.
The remote for the TV may have button called Source or Input.

Old 11-03-2018, 12:54 PM   #3

Not to sound facetious, but, did you check that the HDMI is connected to both TV and DVD, and not going to some other item, such as the radio?

I would follow the line to be certain.

In my unit, the HDMI runs from the TV to the radio. If I want to use an HDMI item, I am able to plug in through the radio.

Although, I will go direct to the TV and not go through the radio. Not sure why they wired it like that because they used RCA cables to wire the sound to the camper speakers...Meaning the HDMI to the radio is actually a mute point. (In my opinion.)
Old 11-03-2018, 01:04 PM   #4
DaLexusGuy

Thanks for the thoughts JS. I definitely tried HDMI input, in fact ALL the various inputs on both TVs, multiple times. It is almost like the HDMI terminal is not connected to anything behind the wall (unfortunately, something like that is entirely possible). I expect it would be quite difficult tracing the HDMI wiring from one side of the coach to the other but if all else fails, I will give that a try.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:12 PM   #5

Some TV's may use an Auxiliary setting.

Maybe try a separate cable that you can connect from DVD to TV to be sure you have a 'visible' connection.

What TV model is it? Do you have the manual? Or maybe you could search the internet for the solution if the issue is a TV or DVD setting.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:18 PM   #6

Maybe the TV needs to be set on a certain channel, like 2-3-or 4?

Maybe try playing a DVD, and then cycling the sources as the DVD plays...Just to be sure a signal is being sent the entire time you are cycling.
Old 11-03-2018, 01:23 PM   #7

Found this online:

"If the DVD player is set to output a higher resolution than the TV can accept that usually shows as "no signal".
Connect the player to another TV and set the resolution lower in the player set up menu."
Old 11-03-2018, 01:25 PM   #8
Retired and Loving Life!

Send a message via MSN to Alan F
Help (please) ... DVD player issue

As has been stated, run an HMDI directly from the DVD to the TV. Note which connection you use on the TV (should be an HDMI 1, 2, 3 and/or side input). The remote should have a “source” button where you toggle between the inputs.

How many HDMI supplies are currently hooked to the tv?
Alan F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #9
DaLexusGuy

Thanks for the thoughts. The DVD player connected directly to the front TV via a separate DVD cable works fine on HDMI input. At least I know the components are OK. There is one HDMI cable going to the TV as originally installed. I had figured that one is the input from the DVD player, but nope. I will try and figure out where/if the HDMI cable is run behind the wall. In the meantime, if there are any other Forester 2801 or Sunseeker 2800 owners that have this all figured out, please chime in. Thanks all!
Old 11-03-2018, 02:09 PM   #10

Do you have a HDMI input on the front of a Furrion radio?

Tags
dvd