Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
KayleysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Groton, New York
Posts: 150
Hide and Seek - MyRV Wireless Hub/Router

We picked up our 2017 Forester 2861 DS in mid-January. We have searched and searched and have not been able to locate the MyRV wireless hub/router. We found the sticker with the SSID and password on the back wall of an upper cabinet above the dinette, but no device. In another post Joshua Cavitt suggested looking behind the bedroom TV, which we did, with no luck.

Have you found your MyRV wireless hub/router? If so, where was it?

Thanks.
__________________

__________________
2017 Forester 2861DS
Chevy Chassis
KayleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 03:00 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
wvufan1958's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 154
I also did purchase a 2017 Forster 2861DS never heard anything about the router built into the system. Can some in light me into ...something I could I have totally missed . Thanks ...
__________________

wvufan1958 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:00 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
KayleysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Groton, New York
Posts: 150
Wireless Hub/Router FOUND

We have located the MyRV wireless hub/router in our 2017 2861DS Forester. It is behind the coach radio. You have to remove the radio to see it.

Thanks to Steve-W for his help in locating this!
__________________
2017 Forester 2861DS
Chevy Chassis
KayleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 03:12 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
KayleysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Groton, New York
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by wvufan1958 View Post
I also did purchase a 2017 Forster 2861DS never heard anything about the router built into the system. Can some in light me into ...something I could I have totally missed . Thanks ...
Hello wvufan1958.

There is a wireless hub/router that is used with the MyRV One Control system. Below are two posts and a search will find several others. Happy reading!!

Lippert myRV® Tablet Questions!

MyRV Remote Monitor System
__________________
2017 Forester 2861DS
Chevy Chassis
KayleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,842
Did you ever get the generator hours readout to work correctly?
__________________

2011 Flagstaff 831FKBSS
2010 F250 4X4 5.4L 3.73 LS
EQUALIZER E4 1200/12000
lbrjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 08:58 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
KayleysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Groton, New York
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbrjet View Post
Did you ever get the generator hours readout to work correctly?
No. I called Lippert and when I explained the problem, they immediately knew what I was talking about. They told me they had a bad batch of the generator genies and that was the cause of the problem. I know of at least one other person having the same issue. Lippert gave me a case number and I have an appointment for mid-April with a dealer to have the generator genie replaced.
__________________
2017 Forester 2861DS
Chevy Chassis
KayleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:18 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Kirk S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Savannah
Posts: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayleysMom View Post
No. I called Lippert and when I explained the problem, they immediately knew what I was talking about. They told me they had a bad batch of the generator genies and that was the cause of the problem. I know of at least one other person having the same issue. Lippert gave me a case number and I have an appointment for mid-April with a dealer to have the generator genie replaced.
Thanks to your post about the generator hours not reading correctly with the Lippert system I paid close attention to my run time. Being a new unit, the hours were 0.0. After running for approximately 1 hr the hours changed to 17.0 and has not moved from there.
I also called Lippert and they will be replacing my generator genie.
__________________
Kirk
2017 Forester 3051S
Kirk S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 11:59 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
KayleysMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Groton, New York
Posts: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netgain View Post
Thanks to your post about the generator hours not reading correctly with the Lippert system I paid close attention to my run time. Being a new unit, the hours were 0.0. After running for approximately 1 hr the hours changed to 17.0 and has not moved from there.
I also called Lippert and they will be replacing my generator genie.

I'm glad to hear my post was helpful. We get ours replaced on Monday, April 17th, along with having a couple of other warranty items taken care of.

Lippert told me that the generator genie was "plug and play" and we could probably install it ourselves, and it did indeed look pretty simple, only 3 connections if I remember correctly. But they also told us that unless we had an authorized dealer install it, the warranty on it would be voided. Since we had a couple of other items needing attention we decided to let the dealer install it. There is another forum member who did take delivery and install it himself and Lippert never mentioned anything to him about a voided warranty. I guess it depends on who you talk to at Lippert.
__________________

__________________
2017 Forester 2861DS
Chevy Chassis
KayleysMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.