Old 04-16-2014, 02:54 PM   #1

Hoping to purchase 2014 3051S...

Hey everyone!! The wife and I are strongly considering purchasing a 2014 3051S. I was just wondering what other people have paid so that I know what ballpark to be in as far as price range. Thanks for any help!!

Old 04-16-2014, 06:59 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubee View Post
Hey everyone!! The wife and I are strongly considering purchasing a 2014 3051S. I was just wondering what other people have paid so that I know what ballpark to be in as far as price range. Thanks for any help!!
Prices will be all over the place depending on location/features and dealer. Your best bet is to go online to RVDIRECT and price it out there. Even if you don't buy from them, its a good price to work toward. If you can meet that price, its not likely you'll do much better. The one caveat is that you may have to travel to get it...may not be too practical or possible to match their price if you are too far west

Old 04-16-2014, 07:36 PM   #3

RvDirect.com is the way to go to get the best price. Then see if a local dealer will get close to it, or if you are comfortable with the way RvDirect works, order from them. We had a great experience with them. Had to drive about 300 miles to pick it up, but that was no problem. The closest dealer to us was 200 miles anyway. They discounted MSRP by $35,000 and beat dealer by $8000. And you are ordering a unit built for you at the factory, with all the options you want on it and none that you don't.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubee View Post

If you are buying a 2014 now it is technically a left over as the 2015s are already hitting the lots. Since it's a model year old you should be able to match or beat RV Directs price on a 2015.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 AM   #5

I looked on RV Direct and for the quick quotes they did not list Foresters just Sunseekers which are a lower level Forest river motor home which has less options choices.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by allagante View Post
I looked on RV Direct and for the quick quotes they did not list Foresters just Sunseekers which are a lower level Forest river motor home which has less options choices.

You could price a similarly equiped Sunseeker, calculate the discount percentage then use the same percentage discount on the Forester. However there are fewer Forester dealers and a lot fewer are sold compared to the Sunseeker so it may be harder to get a good deal.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:10 PM   #7

Ok. First they are not Forester Dealers, they are Forest River Dealers and they are everywhere. I bought a 2014 3051S in sept. Of 2013. I think your best pricing could happen like it did for us. In August we went to an RV show. To look but NOT TO BUY. We found what we wanted and a dealer close to us. Told salesman to call us in a couple weeks as we needed to think about it. When he called we said would set up a visit if they had a 3051S.. BINGO just happen to have one from show. So story end bought after RV show saved 20k off list and 10 lower than show price. Added benefit is relationship with dealer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Old 04-18-2014, 08:39 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNMM1VETERAN View Post
Ok. First they are not Forester Dealers, they are Forest River Dealers and they are everywhere. I bought a 2014 3051S in sept. Of 2013. I think your best pricing could happen like it did for us. In August we went to an RV show. To look but NOT TO BUY. We found what we wanted and a dealer close to us. Told salesman to call us in a couple weeks as we needed to think about it. When he called we said would set up a visit if they had a 3051S.. BINGO just happen to have one from show. So story end bought after RV show saved 20k off list and 10 lower than show price. Added benefit is relationship with dealer.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Sorry but I don't think it works that way. Just because a dealer has some FR brands does not mean they can sell all FR products. The dealer may be able to service all FR products but they can't sell them all. They are territorial and you can't go next door to a Sunseeker dealer and buy one from a FR travel trailer dealer. Also if you only got 20K off list that seems a high price especially for one that was demoed at a show.
Old 04-19-2014, 04:34 PM   #9

I just purchased a new 2014 3171ds. MSRP was 101k and some change and I paid 76615 out the door. Don't know if that is a good deal or not. I called about 5 or 6 dealers and started working down from there. Also called RV wholesalers and they agreed to go down to 71k out the door but it wasn't convenient for me. I would have had to take a plane to pick it up, they didn't have a service center near me, and they wanted to put my old rv on consignment rather than buy it from me.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #10

Try RV wholesalers in Lakeview Oh, saved $8000 on a 3011DS

Phelpo

Tags
2014, 305