Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2014, 09:27 PM   #1

House Battery Info.

Looking for specific information on the house batteries for 2014 Forester 3171. Mine are sealed and don't have any information on them to tell me anything about the capacity. I am pretty certain they are group 24 but that's it.

I did a search and came up with the house battery information in a Solera however, is it the same in a Forester: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ies-64433.html

I'm planning on conducting a battery load test. Anyone care to share how to accurately load test a battery? I have a 100 amp load tester and it has some vague guidance instructions included. Looking for something a little more than "Google battery load test"

Bobby
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
Commercial Member

we use the same batteries on all our Class C's
Sunseeker-Forester-Solera

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 07:30 PM   #3

Thanks Brian.
And I got my battery load testing procedure from the link triguy mentioned in the above post. Some real good info.:http://www.batterystuff.com/kb/artic...-basics.html#4
bgilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 08:57 PM   #4

May I suggest that NO group 24 battery has a 20 hour capacity of 100amp hours as claimed. I would further suggest that a sealed wet cell dual purpose battery is unlikely to get as close to this claimed ah capacity as a true deep cycle battery.
Therefore I would suggest that you use 75 amp hours as your best estimate of the capacity of your group 24's per battery...(i.e. 2 give you 150 amp hours) and you will be much closer to the true capacity of the battery.
When it comes time to replace them...make the switch to a true deep cycle and get group 27's, 31's or dual 6V's to up your capacity to the 200 amp hour range (depending on your space of course.)
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 10:43 AM   #5
Bus Driver

BGilly

The batteries in my Forester were unmarked as well with the exception of a sticker on the top that said “NC-24”. Previous posts on the subject suggested that they were made by Exide. My batteries were not sealed.

I am coming from a Lance 835 Truck Camper that used one Lifeline 27 AGM battery that lasted us for 10 years. It was also outfitted with one 70Watt solar panel.
In the ten years that we owned the Lance we “plugged-in” maybe a total of five times as we mostly dry camped from very early spring to very late fall every year. This configuration was quite exercised so to speak.

I replaced the original batteries in our Forester with two Lifeline GPL-27T Batteries, which according to their specs will give me a total of 200 Amp Hours at the 20 Hour Rate. I am in the process of adding 400Watts of Solar Panels as well. The Lifelines are AGM’s and are sealed, virtually maintenance free. I would buy them again if that helps.
Deaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery