Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 03:13 PM   #1

Question How do you get a DVD to play on theTV

So we have a 2014 Forester 3011DSF. It has two Jensen TV's, one above the counter in the kitchen and the other outside. Our DVD player is built into the Magnadyne m4-lcd system.

We cannot figure out how to get the DVD to play on the TV ! The DVD will play fine on the little screen on the Magnadyne. We have read the manuals and looked at you tube videos and done searches on this forum...we must be missing something ! Note: we have the cable and over air TV working even with surround sound.

Help !

Thanks
RVBTC2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:21 PM   #2

Have you tried changing the tv input to Aux 2? That's what works for ours.
GJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 05:21 PM   #3

Yes, we tried Aux 2 and 1 and all the other choices...just in case
Old 04-07-2014, 05:30 PM   #4

I've heard of others who had cables at either the output of the Magnadyne or input of the tv that were installed incorrectly.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:59 PM   #5

We checked the cables on the TV and they appear to be correct...we have not taken out the Magnadyne...this does not make me happy....
Old 04-07-2014, 06:04 PM   #6

Oh no. Yeah, taking that thing out does not look fun. I'm sorry you are having this trouble. I hope someone else can come up with something else and you don't have to go through that.
Old 04-08-2014, 06:53 AM   #7

Good luck figuring it all out. When we bought ours we got the abbreviated walk through , we learned the most on this forum and through trail and error.

Sent from my MB886 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Frank & Eve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #8
Commercial Member

So we know the DVD is playing, signal is going out. You should see two sets of cables.
1. there should be red/white in the audio/out section of the TV
2. there should be red/white/yellow going into A/V 1 or A/V 2.

Push up on the TV (it will snap our of the bracket) so you can check the cables.

Do you have a switch box below the TV? This changes things slightly.
If you have a satellite loop (small coax running from one plate to another plate about 6 inches away you should not have a switch box).

If the TV has all the cables, You may need to check the cables into the Magnadyne. You just use the U-hooks to pull the radio. Or take it to a dealer and have them troubleshoot it.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
bclemens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 08:42 AM   #9

It is easy to check the outside TV and it has the wires as you indicated. It uses AV2.

I can see in red and white wires on the inside TV. My husband will have to be be here to check the red/white/yellow for the input on the inside TV.

It is sounding more like we need to pull of the Magnadyne to check how it is wired. My husband will try that tonight.

We bought our RV in Florida and are currently in NC. If we cannot resolve this, can we take it to any dealer ?

I appreciate your response. Thank you !
Old 04-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #10
Commercial Member

The outside TV has its own DVD player. Its not really designed to play off the inside TV.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:43 AM   #11

OK we found the problem...we pulled the Magnadyne and everything was fine. Then we pulled the TV off the wall...oh by the way it is heavy !

We found that the yellow input cable is broken !!! The pin off the end of the cable is broken off in the TV !!!! Brand new and finding this is not good.

So we need to take it back to a dealer. We are living in the RV in Chapel Hill, NC while my husband is finishing out his contract. Can any Forest River Dealer do repairs ? Where do I find that list ?
Old 04-14-2014, 09:24 AM   #12

Mine was exactly like yours! That cable would be very difficult to replace so I had to splice it with another yellow pin from a separate cable. I was able to get the old one out. There is no way the installer couldn't realize he/she did that.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forest River Forums mobile app
Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 10:13 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatdog View Post
Mine was exactly like yours! That cable would be very difficult to replace so I had to splice it with another yellow pin from a separate cable. I was able to get the old one out. There is no way the installer couldn't realize he/she did that.

Was yours a new RV ? I was curious why you fixed it yourself ???
Old 04-14-2014, 11:06 AM   #14
Commercial Member

can't speak for Goatdog...but I'm guessing the same reason I have fixed various things on my stuff. Haul to dealer, drop unit off, wait X number of days. For mobile repair, have person come out between the hours of noon and 4. call cause they're late, arrive, not have the right parts reschedule.

Or option Me: spend a bout 15 minutes fixed part myself and gaining a better understanding of the inner workings.

Old 04-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #15

For all the reasons bclemens stated. Over a hundred miles to a dealer. Not worth the time and gas.

Goatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 AM   #16

10-4 on fixing yourself. They can't take away your
knowledge plus you can help another rver.

Phelpo
phelpo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd