Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2015, 05:01 PM   #41
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Jensen GPS VM9726BT Software

Hi, I have a new 2016 Solera 24 R with the Jensen VM9726BT Unit with all the bells and whistles.

I've been reading the posts about the promises (unkept) of Map Updates. I discovered that the actual GPS software is called IGO Primo and is available on numerous platforms. Here's a clip from the iTunes store:

North America - iGO primo app
By NNG Global Services Kft.

This app is designed for both iPhone and iPad
$24.99
Category: Navigation
Updated: Jun 11, 2015
Version: 2.7.0
Size: 435 MB
Languages: English, French, Spanish
Seller: NNG Global Services Kft.
© 2012 NNG Ltd.
Rated 4+

Notice that it is Version 2.7.0

What's New in Version 2.7.0
PLEASE READ THIS WARNING BEFORE YOU UPDATE THE APP!!!
After you install this update, ALL MAPS FROM THE APP WILL TEMPORARILY DISAPPEAR. To access them, please enter the Shop in the app, and download the latest maps for free. This move is needed because as of this version of the software, maps are not part of the base app. They appear in the Shop within the application as InApp items. Updates will remain free, but you can download or update them independently of the software and you can choose which maps to download in order to better manage the memory usage of your phone.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but this was a necessary step in order to give you a better user experience and a space-saving product in the future.
Thank you for choosing iGO primo as your navigation.
sanpedroflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #42

I read nothing there that applies to us. It only runs on your iphone or ipad - not on your Jensen.

I'm leaving on a 3,000 mile trip tomorrow - so I sucked it up and purchased the updated maps. They were 6 gigs so you have to get a new micro SD card to hold the files. I found a 16 gig Micro SD for $14 and used that.

The maps, and POI updates etc total cost $80.

Not happy about it. But I had already run into issues with the old maps not being uptodate.
Old 09-07-2015, 05:15 PM   #43
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

More Info on iGO primo NAV Software

Here's a link to NNG's iGO primo NAV App:

iGO primo | NNG

The hardware looks similar to ours with perhaps a bigger screen:

http://www.nng.com/wp-content/upload...ive_transp.png

Here's a clip from their "latest Innovation:

The latest innovation from NNG

NavFusion™, the freshest feature of iGO Navigation provides a simple and future-proof way to integrate smartphones into vehicles. The infotainment system is fully functional as it leaves the factory. Downloading and using the free smartphone application is optional.

NavFusion™ essentials

When NavFusion™ connects the smartphone to the car, all data is automatically synchronized, including the map and content package in the user’s smartphone and head unit, by using the phone’s internet connectivity. This approach is available to any car with iGO Navigation software in its infotainment system. It merges the ”App Store” ecosystem and the very personal nature of the smartphone, enabling the use of navigation inside and outside car.

Seems like the rest of NNG's customers are getting more enhancements than we are
Old 09-08-2015, 12:46 AM   #44

[QUOTE=Creativepart;977005]
I'm leaving on a 3,000 mile trip tomorrow - so I sucked it up and purchased the updated maps.
The maps, and POI updates etc total cost $80.[/QUOTE

Creative, when you have time, could check and see if the new update will bring up the following
street in West Jordan, Utah. The street name is Wilshire. Hope you have a good time and safe trip tomorrow. Thx, Ben
benagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 06:29 PM   #45

I wonder if Kenwood, Sony or somebody else makes one that would be plug and play with the Jensen cables, but runs Garmin on it?

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:32 PM   #46

[QUOTE=sanpedroflyer;977011]Here's a link to NNG's iGO primo NAV App:

iGO primo | NNG

The hardware looks similar to ours with perhaps a bigger screen:

http://www.nng.com/wp-content/upload...ive_transp.png

Here's a clip from their "latest Innovation: Quote]

Sanpedroflyer, did you try this with your radio and if so, what is the date on the map software? We have the same radio in our Coach. Thx, Ben
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
Old 09-09-2015, 04:06 PM   #47

We have a 2016 Sunseeker 2700DS and my map files say 2012.
Old 09-10-2015, 12:45 AM   #48

Same here. I think the latest map files are 2015.
2016 Forester 3171DS (ordered March & arrived June 2015)
Old 09-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #49

2012 maps here, too late for free update when I bought it. 2 1/2 months after initial start up date. FR and Jensen should complain, maybe I should demand a new radio with current update!
Plus I think the radio should have weather mode. Not a good RV radio, for partying, yes!
2018 Camping 10 trips 38 nights
2019 Camping 6 trips 19 nights
2020 Camping 0 trips Cancellations 6
Sagecoachdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:32 PM   #50

All of this has me confused can someone help me out? I think I need to do the following.
1. download the toolbox to my PC and save the file.
2. Copy the file to an SD card and load it in the GPS.
3. This will allow me to see the date the GPS was first turned on?
There wasn't an sd card in my radio when I got the unit, did everyone else get one?
Old 09-10-2015, 10:57 PM   #51

It's not the SD card. It a microSD card and if you have NAV then you have one. Look to the right of the disk slot. There's a small flush door there. It opens from the left and is hinged on the right. Once open you'll see a small slit. Push it, it's spring loaded and the microSD will be removable. That's what you'll need to access on your PC with the toolbox program you need to download and install.
Old 09-11-2015, 07:23 PM   #52

I download the app. Then put my card in a card reader. Can not get app to work with card. Going to try again tonight.

papap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:23 AM   #53

Problem with jensen vm9726bt gps shutting off

I have Jensen vm9726bt GPS in 2015 Forest River Sunseeker that shuts off after traveling for an hour or so. It shuts radio off too. I can get the radio to come back on by shutting it off and turning it back on, but the GPS will not come back on. After stopping for the night it will work again for awhile the next day but shuts off again. Also speed limit info gets stuck on 50 miles per hour. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix.
Sundown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 03:00 PM   #54
Karen, Pete & Chloe Kat

Jensen GPS Files and Navie Tools on PC

Hi,
I took delivery of a 2015 Solera 24R in early July. The Navie Tools said my first GPS fix was early June.

I am a Mac Person, but have some PC experience. Here's what I have found so far:

There is a folder on the Micro SD card (attached MicroSD/SD to the PC like a Flash Drive and double clicked on the Micro/SD card. That brings up a new screen with folders.

I am trying to figure out how to copy or print the file directories, but for now I am in a directory called:

Remove able Disk (E)/RTNavi/content/map

It contains a Basemap file, a Canada file, 3 North America files and 50 + state map files.

The "Basemap.Fbl file is dated 10/2/2015 7:09 PM and is 8,690 KB

All other files are dated 12/28/2013 10:18 AM and range in size from 355 KB for USA Virgin Islands to 105,035 KB for USA_Texas.

Before I got to this point, I sent an email to Naviextras support and received a reply from Nicole:

Dear Peter,

First of all, thank you for your interest in our products!

My name is Nicole and I will handle your issue from now on. Please excuse me for the delayed response.

I understand that you cannot connect your device to Toolbox.

To be able to investigate this issue, please attach the content of the license folder of the SD card or the internal memory of your device (in case of some head units, on the USB stick) in compressed format (.zip or .rar).

For this, please attach your device to the PC. If you are connecting your device via USB cable, turn it on. Now go to Computer using Windows, find your device as a removable drive or disk. Double click on the drive, and find LICENSE folder. Now right-click on LICENSE folder, and choose "Send To - Compressed (zipped) Folder". Now your computer will make a compressed file called "License.zip". Please attach this License.zip to your email reply and send it to us.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Best regards,

Nicole

Naviextras® Support

I hope to post more details of the contents of the Micro SD card which contains the iGo Primo application and a bunch of others including the map files.

One more point. If you go to eBay and search on iGo Primo and Map or GPS map you should find CHEAP maps. I DO NOT KNOW if these are compatible with the Jensen iGo Primo software or not.

MicroSD card iGO Primo Nav Software 2015 / Android GPS + USA CAN+MEX map
2015 software with 2014 Q2 North America map
$31.99
Buy It Now
Free shipping

When I sent a question to one of the vendors asking if his maps were compatible with Jensen GPS, he responded:

"Dear sanpedroflyer,

Hello dear does it have WinCe operating system?
or it is Android?

- moti_eval

Hopefully I can post more info

sanpedroflyer
Old 10-03-2015, 09:58 PM   #55

I'm a Mac user, but run Parallels Destop to run Win 8.1 and so I can run the Naviextras program. From what I can tell (from my experience) you cannot backup or update your MicroSD card for use in your jensen GPS without using a Windows operating system and the Naviextras software.

Their software reads not only the license but the device ID from the files on the card. It works like DRM to prohibit files from being copied and sold or shared.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #56

Creative part, did you buy the update? I have been able to copy my microSD from the 4GB to a 16GB and it works fine in the Jensen. I think
FR and Jensen should do something about these 3 year old maps many of us are stuck with.
Old 10-04-2015, 11:38 PM   #57

I did purchase the upgrade. We're in the last week of of a 3,500 mile trip and I wanted accurate maps. I did the upgrade before we left at the beginning of Sept. No idea how much difference it made, if any.

The GPS isn't RV savvy, but it has proven accurate enough.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:00 AM   #58

Creative part, do you know the date of your maps?
Old 10-05-2015, 09:43 AM   #59

Creativepart what makes it not RV savy and is it set on bus so far I don't see any difference in the Jensen,Garmin, or the pioneer and I know mine doesn't have the latest update yet
Old 10-05-2015, 10:08 AM   #60

I'm not where I can see the map dates. My memory is that they were from April, 2015 but don't trust my memory.

There are a couple of "RV GPS" systems out there that have the GoodSam or other RV Park lists in their database. This system has all the KOAs in their database, but we find about 60% of the private CGs we visit are not listed in their system. So, we have to enter addresses to the Park. We are in such a park today in Destin, Florida. The GPS not only didn't list the RV Park, it didn't even have the physical address in it's database. We set it for an address close to the RV Park that was in the system (something like a "house" number of 50 rather than the real number of 1047) to get us within range and then relied on our phones for the final few miles.

Also, the RV GPS systems (from Rand McNally and Good Sam, etc) have road settings for Motorhomes. The iGo system has road settings for Car, Truck and Bus. I'm using the car setting because the Truck setting effected the route more than I liked.

Tags
forester, jensen