Old 10-08-2015, 08:50 PM   #11
I've got a 2015 Forester 2301. Yes, I will admit there were some minor issues but nothing that would cause me to regret my purchase. My previous motorhome was a Tioga Class C built by Fleetwood. That one had minor issues too.

I don't mind fixing minor things like tightening hinges and things like that. No matter what brand vehicle you buy, Chevy, Ford, Toyota, Mercedes, BMW, etc. they all have issues. Just look at all the recalls that the auto manufacturers issue.

When you stop and consider the amount of pounding and bouncing a motorhome and even a travel trailer, endure traveling on the roads of America, I personally feel that overall they are pretty well built.

If you get a new one do like I did. Take the time to go over the entire unit looking for loose screws and bolts, missing sealant and things like that. These come off what is essentially an assembly line. If you want absolute perfection or no problems I don't think you'll ever find it regardless of the manufacturer. The good times in the camper far outweigh the minor fixes that need to be done on occasion.

2015 Forester 2301 - Chevy
Skip & Deb - Denmark, ME & Delray Beach, FL
Forester Fred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:13 PM   #12
Really like our Forester 3051. Everything we could have wanted and then some. Having AC unit replaced, but warranty from dometic covered it. Only problem we have is we don't get to use it as much as we'd like.

2016 Forester 3051S
Cariley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Love our sunseeker! I've done a lot of deco mods to make it ours, and installed a W/D combo, as well as lived in it all Summer. Drove from Ca through Id, Mt and Wy and back twice in the year we've had it. Only minor fixes( wheel well fenders, shower latches replaced by selling dealer, and loose electrical screw fixed by FR dealer in Sheridan,Wy) and everything has worked well. Drives well,too! Love it.
2014 Sunseeker
3170ds (Suzuki Samurai 1986 toad)
Gary and Dottie, fur babies Doodle(corgi) and Beau(yellow lab)
Yorkranchgalnguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 11:44 PM   #14
We bought our Forester 3051S at the end of June. We went on three short trips to familiarize ourselves with the RV and the headed out for a month long 3,800 mile trip. We returned home today. Everything worked, no leaks and no problems.

Perhaps you've never owned a Trailer/RV/Camper before... But it's common to have some issues after picking up your unit. We had a total of three small issues and took are of them before we left on the big trip.

Nothing else appeared during a long and active trip. The Forester worked perfectly and we are "Happy Campers."

Keep in mind many owners with a problem seek out the forum for help. So the posts here are skewed toward that group.
2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #15
We love our 2015 3011DS, we shopped other brands and did plenty of research and we kept coming back to Forest River and the Forester.

We like the floor plan and some of the smart design items that go into their motorhomes. We have had a few small things that needed addressing but nothing major for a house on wheels.

You'll definitely see posts where people have had major issues but those are also the ones that the factory reps are quick to address and do everything they can to remedy.

Easy access to the factory reps and the way they treat their customers is one of the reasons I ended up purchasing a Forest River motorhome. I would recommend Forest River and I will definitely buy Forest River again when the times comes.
2015 Forest River Forester 3011 DS - 2007 Dodge Durango Toad
ORvideoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:08 AM   #16
We have owned our Berkshire for a year now and no major complaints.
The few items that needed adjustment or fixed were all taken care of by Forest River at Goshen.

If we do buy again, we would not want anything other than Forest River.

Ken & Laurie
2015 Berkshire 400QL
2016 Chevy Colorado
Northern Ohio
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:27 AM   #17
We had 2 issues in the first year - our LED awning lights died (almost at the 1 year mark) and they were replaced under warranty.

Only other issue was the stabilizer jacks - on our 2nd trip out, they wouldn't go down. Took it back to the dealer - after a few days of troubleshooting (and discussion with the mfg) they determined a short in the motor- they had to order a new one, but we took our MH out in the interim, just didn't level. Again, replaced under warranty.

After the first year, we did have some intermittent issues with our generator (would shut down randomly) but had Cummins look at it and they couldn't get it to error out - so I had them change the oil and replace the oil, air and fuel filters, works like a charm now.

There have been a few minor things also - like loose screws on hinges or drawers, but I think they are because we're driving a house around on wheels, things get shaken out.

Overall, we would totally buy a MH from FR again.
2015 Georgetown 351DS
Chris, Garren (humans)
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:37 AM   #18
First year with our Wildcat Maxx T24RG. One minor sink drain leak, fixed in 30 seconds. No other problems. We love it.
Nelsflying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:46 AM   #19
Happy Camper

Coachman Prism 24G 3 months steady use, 8100 miles, 20 states, minor problems only which I fixed. Could not be happier! Stopped at the factory for a couple of repairs and they were "Golden" My gosh, such service! Dometic service person waiting to fix the problem which turned out to be an electrical relay within the coach. Forest River is at the top of my list.
Hopelessly lost
grahamqcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 11:54 AM   #20
One thing you have to remember..... the people that are happy are out there enjoying their units, the unhappy ones are on here complaining. This is true for a lot of forums which is why you got the response "for every one unhappy person their are 100 happy ones".

In addition a lot of problems would/should have been caught by a SOLID PDI. This is the single most important thing in buying (other than selecting the right floor plan for you). I have no data to back this up but I would guess at a minimum 25% of these posts are here cover things that should have been noticed and addressed during a SOLID PDI.

Plus these manufacturers know there are going to be some problems that is why you get a warranty so you can take a year to figure them out and get it fixed for free. Also, warranty work is known to take awhile during peak season but people are still surprised for some reason when the dealer tells them it is peak season and it could take weeks. To that I say enjoy the unit and then drop it off at the dealer during the winter when you're not using it. Another big one is local dealers not fixing a unit that you didnt buy from them. I also still dont know why this surprises people either.

When you couple all these things together you can avoid the main concerns/problems. Buy from a local dealer, do a SOLID PDI and make a list of warranty items and drop off in the winter.

Have them fill everything and test everything. Have them hook the unit up the night before, turn the fridge on. Test all faucets, tanks, water heater, lights and tanks. Do not leave until you are satisfied. If they arent willing to do all this then walk away!

By the way i am extremely happy with my TT, It has been a great 10 months since I have bough it. I have not had a single issue other than a cabinet door handle that was fixed within an hour. I did everything I listed above and haven't a single post delivery issue.

2015 Forest River EVO 2850
2012 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins
Yamaha 2k x 2 with parallel cable
EMS 30 PI portable w/ Edison plug

Nights Camped (2016-13) (2015-13)
SuicideSaints is offline   Reply With Quote