Old 10-09-2015, 11:58 AM   #21
I've had my FR Rockwood Ultra Light 2700WS TT since Dec 2014. Zero issues - Zero defects. Very happy with my purchase. Done about 7 trips and 30-40 days total this year. One tire blowout, my fault, DW wanted to go in the Outlet stores and the parking lot was not made for TT.
I think FR is a good product overall. Have not needed warranty service but was able to get an additional one year factory warranty even though it was not processed in the 30 days. Emailed the factory rep. Pleased with the service and follow up.

Mario Martinez
2703WS Rockwood Super Lite (6,400 Dry weight)
Tow Vehicle - 2010 Ford F-150 Super Crew
5.4L V-8 6-spd auto 2x2 9,800 Lbs. towing capacity.
mcmartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:08 PM   #22
The point about PDI is really a strong one and should not be ignored. Don't let your dealer schedule a 1 1/2 hour time slot for delivery. That's what my dealer did.

I took about 2 1/2 hours, but I did not check EVERYTHING, every system, every device.

I did assume that the dealer did this - but the reality is the dealer checked about 50% of the items and left the rest to me.

Of the 3 small problems I've had ALL of them could have been found had I or the dealer done a more thorough PDI.

That said, you can't really know what all to look for until you live with the RV.

2015 Forester 3051S
TOAD: 2016 Lincoln MKX
Creativepart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:25 PM   #23
We have had our Sunseeker 2500TS for about a year now. There were a few minor items at first and our dealer was terrific about getting them fixed. We have camped a number of times this year, the longest was a trip to Calif. in Jan. We love the RV! It is easy to drive, handles great, easy to maneuver in tight places. We are planning a trip from Washington State to Florida in Jan. The only concern I have about the trip is the lack of storage places. I expect I will need to get creative in my packing and planning.
baileysr1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:28 PM   #24
Very happy

They all (brands) have issues and require constant attention (just like boats). Your dealer can make or break it though. Luckily I have a great responsive trustworthy dealer here in Denver (Trailer world) that takes care of any issues that come up. So, baby your trailer or MH, do your part with maintenance and your unit will serve you well. Randy
randman132 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:31 PM   #25
We've had our FR Vibe Extreme Lite 308BHS for about 4 months. We've dragged it 1700 miles and put 18 nights on it so far. No major issues. No warranty repairs needed. We are very happy so far and love it. I called FR concerning an issue with the dinette cushions not making a complete bed. They called back very quickly, said they were aware of the issue and have made cushions to send out to customers for free, and were extremely courteous. We have only great experiences with the TT and FR so far. In a few years we'll most likely change to a 5er and FR will be the #1 pick.
ct_camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:38 PM   #26
We have previously owned 2 class A motor homes (a Fleetwood and an Airstream), 3 travel trailers ( 2 Sunnybrooks and a Forest River Wildcat), and most recently a Class C Freelander 3150ss. We purchased the Freelander to take to Alaska and see if we liked it (class C compared to a Class A).

IMHO, the Wildcat was just as well constructed as any of the others and served us well for 6 years and over 20,000 miles.

Our trip to Alaska was over 10,000 miles and we had absolutely no issues with the motor home during that time. Pulling a CRV toad the entire trip, we averaged 8.1 MPG with the Ford V10.

We are currently in Florida for a short while and still no issues have surfaced.

To the best of my knowledge, we have only had to replace one hot water heater and numerous tires during all those years. The minor issues such as door latches, minor water leaks, and electrical connections will always be there as long as we're driving (or hauling) a house on wheels. We've only had 2 water leaks and one latch problem in the years we've been RVing.

A friend traveling to Alask with us in another class c (another major RV manufacturer) did experience problems, including electric step failure and hydraulic jack failure. These were more of an inconvenience and not a trip stopper. Not pulling a toad, his V10 averaged about 8.7 with the same size class c. I'd also add that he is now an owner of a new Leprechaun, which is doing well on a 1500 mile shakedown with zero problems so far.

In short, we've been extremely well pleased with the class C and the Forest River brands and are eagerly awaiting delivery of our new Sunseeker 3010DS in a few weeks.

If I didn't believe in the company's products, I certainly wouldn't have ordered a new one. So, count me as a happy camper!
lakewood90 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:40 PM   #27
Our 829FKSS Flagstaff has been great. Problems included a bad door handle, noisy propane hose. We had other problems but they were items that got broken by us. These included the stove vent flap that we forgot to latch, fire ext bracket that was hit by the arm chair. We did upgrade the tires as I decided that the OEM ones were just adequate for the trailer with very little buffer. We did have one major problem with the floor. Apparently, FR was purchasing thier floors from an outside manufacturer and the had some issues with delamination. Flagstaff brought the process back in house and built a new facility on site to better control the process. They replaced our floor at at no cost to us and did a great job.

We will definitely look at Flagstaff for our next trailer.
rlocicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:56 PM   #28
Love My Sunseeker
I'm a satisfied FR customer, I'm on my FOURTH FR product. My first RV was a Fleetwood Jamboree, just a 24 foot camping RV, which I eventually traded or my first FR product, the a Sunseeker in the 2800 series. Then came two 3120 models, and now I have the 3170 which I LOVE! I've never had a problem getting warranty, in fact, one time a dealer in Montana let me leave without paying even though they hadn't gotten official "approval" for the warranty work. They called me later to say, "All is fine." And I got a crack repair done last January courtesy of FR. I would not have known about the "Free" crack repair if I hadn't read it on the forums. And because of the forums, I knew about the Tire recall.

There was one time I needed a warrant repair and the dealer I went to wasn't affiliated with FR, so I had to pay for it, then wait about a MONTH for a check from FR.....

Overall, I've had good luck, but I have only owned Sunseekers.
JJ only, my cat went to Rainbow Bridge July 2015

I love my Sunseeker, when I'm on a trip I don't wanna go home!!!"

Total days camping each year: AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE!
DXSMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #29
2012 Georgetown 378 XL
LOTS of personal mods. See pics
FR. has been good to us
180 nights this season
psgrandpa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 01:22 PM   #30
Ok, this gives me some good alternate narration from the gloom and doom posts. Thank you for that. Keep 'em coming.

Upta is offline   Reply With Quote