Old 10-12-2015, 07:47 PM   #51
FR3 Grampy
I recently bought an FR3 and had a few major breakdowns. Fortunately my Forest River rep was on the ball and allowed me to bring my MH to a shop close to where I live and have the warranty work done there. This saved me many days of having to wait for my MH. An example of this is that the slide out gear unit on the bed gave out. My FR rep sent the part directly to me and then I took it to the shop and had the work took 3 days for the part to get to me and 2 hours the next day to have it installed. in all it took 4 days to get the slide out fixed. Can't get any better than this.

Scottmarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:02 PM   #52
Enjoying new 2801QS. Patience required for warranty repairs but the coach is wonderful.

AbdRahim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 11:09 PM   #53
Site Team
Ok I know you didn't want to hear from the ones with issues but my Sabre did have a ton of issues. Forest river has been great to work with. They have bern trying to make it right. Even though we had problems, they have shown me they care about their customers. I know every Rv manufacturer has issues. Forest river is no different there. The difference is in how the problems are handled and if the manufacturer stands behind their product. There is no other manufacturer out there that provides free repairs to out of warranty rigs at their factory rally. I'm not talking just small things like a new decal, I have seen major repairs like a whole side repaired from a leak, New axles put on and the list goes on. They want loyal customers and do work yo keep them. So yes, I had a lemon but I am much more satisfied than if I had a lemon from a different manufacturer.
<a href= target=_blank></a>
2014 Crew Cab Chevy Silverado 3500 4wd Duramax/Allison
2014 Sabre 34REQS-6
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:17 PM   #54
Only minor issues with my 2014 3170 DSF. 2.5 years old, 11k miles and enjoying it now.
We are very satisfied with the unit. Would I purchase another? Yes, but I expect this unit to last.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Garrette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:26 PM   #55
sounds like you had an awesome experience with an awesome dealer!! is it too much to expect a clean/detailed RV when you are buying it new?? we are not happy with several things that need to be fixed, but also were told NOT to expect a detailed RV like when you buy a car....just wondering. thanks!
Urban_FR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 05:55 PM   #56
My only complaint is that one taillamp (new LED) was not sealed correctly and filled up with water. Advised dealer right away (drove the unit home on Sept 5) and they claimed to have ordered one on Sept 21.
One month later- still no taillamp. Lucky I caught it in time before all the LED's burned out- removed the light and drained the water- now about half the LED's still work so I can use it.
This is both a manufacturer issue and a dealer slow motion issue.
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2015, 08:06 PM   #57
2015 3051s with 19000KM (about 12,000Miles) I am 15 minutes from dealer I purchased from. They have been great. Initial problems with outside stereo, and later in the season slide problems. Now bedroom TV problems. All taken care of under warranty.
Really pleased with the unit.
naysmitj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:53 AM   #58
Originally Posted by Upta View Post
... What I want to know is: are there happy Forest River customers out there? I want to hear from customers who didn't get the lemon. Whose MH wasn't leaking or losing screws every trip. From people who didn't need to fix something every time they came home. If you did have something major or minor wrong with your MH, you had it fixed without excess delay or hassle....
Well I'm only about 3 weeks into ownership of my Forest River motorhome and while my experience hasn't been devoid of frustration I am a happy customer. I suppose I was also reasonably prepared for what I was signing up for. I've yet to encounter an RV of exceptional craftsmanship and understand that there will likely always be something that needs to be improved or repaired. My hope however is that with a brand new product the financial investment into repairs in the short term is minor. Here's a few items of note that I have discovered.

By the time I arrived home (400 miles from the dealer I purchased from) the LED taillights were problematic due to a taillight converter (made by Curt) that had failed due to water intrusion. According to the manufacturer's instructions this device is supposed to be mounted in a location similar to a vehicle interior. It's not mounted as such on mine but rather near the rear bumper in full exposure to the elements.
(Forest River sent my dealer a replacement converter, which was subsequently shipped to me. Problem solved. I self diagnosed it with the assistance of these forums and also purchased the exact converter and connectors online and solved it myself before the replacement arrived (now I have a backup)
Within about the first 10 days the propane regulator failed and needed to be replaced. This is reportedly rather common and not unique to Forest River.
(I replaced this myself for about $25 on a Sunday rather than trying to schedule an appointment with my local dealer)
I've located and removed over a dozen loose wood screws from various places within the coach. It almost seems as though when a screw is dropped during installation, it's left and a new one from the box is used. These loose screws rolling around while I was driving were driving me nuts. In fact there's still one left that I can quite access, but I'll get it eventually.

Thanks to the Dyson portable vac that was included I managed to vacuum up and inordinate amount of sawdust everywhere from behind drawers to the cracks in the cab seats between the back and the seat.

One of the exterior storage compartments leaked and took on rain water after a long drive. A little troubleshooting with the storage door gasket and a little extra seal appears to have resolved it.

Despite all of this and aside from some frustration in identifying the solution to the LED issue and some feeling that some of this really shouldn't happen on a brand new RV I am still a very satisfied customer. I would like to see the quality control and craftsmanship kicked up a notch (industry wide) as much as I would like to see an industry shift with regard to dealer pricing and warranty work.

For either of those things to happen it's going to require some industry shake up (similar to the Japanese entering the US automobile market) and likely some additional costs passed along to the consumer. Neither will happen easily nor rapidly.

While I may be pleased it's the result of my expectations as much as it is the product itself. Nevertheless if I step back and set aside my expectations I can acknowledge that several realities of the industry are pathetic.

I paid over $80k for a product with mounds of sawdust and loose screws that could have been taken care of.

I traveled a mere 400 miles and saved $37k over my local dealer, whom when I need to rely on for warranty work will likely not be very accommodating. Or at least that's what I'm anticipating based upon what seems to be the industry standard and a few Yelp reviews in this case.

I have some prior experience with other types of RVs (trailers) from other manufacturers and while the complexity of a motorhome far exceeds my prior trailers (leaving more options for quality control issues) the Forest River product seems to me to be a superior product in comparison with other RV manufacturers yet not devoid of issues that I think are prevalent across all brands.

2016 Forester MBS 2401S
dukeboone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 11:40 AM   #59
We received our 2015 2251SLE on Dec. 31 2014. we're making our 10th 5 day trip this coming Sunday. Knock wood the RV has functioned flawlessly. The only money I invested were changes I made for my own benifit, such as suspension, electric door lock, wheel simulaters, brass valve extenders, shower head, tire pressure monitors etc, etc. Very satisfied.
poppytoymaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #60
The biggest problem I have with FR is that after 3 popups (not FR) and now a wonderful FR Vibe 308 TT, I am prone to look at FR 5ers like a puppy dog in a fire hydrant factory. So far my FR experience has been great. Only minor issues, just like any new house...minus the wheels.

ct_camper is offline   Reply With Quote