Old 10-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #1
I want to hear from satisfied customers...

Hi all,

I've been lurking on this forum for the last month trying to get more information about Forest River MH's. My wife and I really like the floor plan of the Forester 2501TS, or the Sunseeker 2500TS. Unfortunately, the more I read through these forums, the more it looks like there is no quality control, some engineering issues, and getting warranty work done is a real PITA.

With that being said, I sent an email to Forest River detailing my concerns and telling them why I wasn't going to buy an RV from them or anyone else until the above issues were straightened out. In that email I also said that I know that unhappy customers are much more vocal than satisfied ones.

I actually got a reply, which kind of surprised me. From someone up the food chain from the two in the Forester division that I sent it to. This person agreed with my assessment that the unhappy ones are the loudest. But they also said that for every unhappy customer, there are "hundreds" of satisfied ones.

Ok, I've read the gloom and doom posts, on here and elsewhere on the internet. Forest River and other brands. What I want to know is: are there happy Forest River customers out there? I want to hear from customers who didn't get the lemon. Whose MH wasn't leaking or losing screws every trip. From people who didn't need to fix something every time they came home. If you did have something major or minor wrong with your MH, you had it fixed without excess delay or hassle. Something major didn't die a month out of warranty. Help me out here. Give me something positive to read about.

Sorry for a downer first post,

Upta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
Just bought a FR Vengeance 25V TH. Been on a couple short shake down cruises to iron out any problems.

First let me say so far during the shake down cruises and using/operating the camper here at the house I had zero issues so far. Everything has worked as advertised.

I did have a issue getting hot water, but it turned out to the lines to and from the HW Heater being set for winterized mode. A quick search on the forums here solved that issue. It was also something I should have address during the walk around when I picked the unit up but got in a hurry.

The only other issue was when using the black water flush out. I had a water leak in the hose going to the check valve that keeps the BW from surging back into the hose. Just a loose connector, easy fix.

I think there are more issues from crappy dealers IMHO.

2016 FR Vengeance 25V Toy Hauler
2015 Ram 2500HD CC 4x4 6.7L Cummins
2004 Kawasaki Vulcan 2000
2005 Troy Built 3500/5250 Genny
mele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #3
There are many positive posts on here as well. I am a very satisfied customer. Lots of miles this year, pleased
2016 Forest River Sunseeker 3100SS
DocsDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:15 PM   #4
I am satisfied.
Some minor issues and a leaky taillamp that blew out some led's.
Still need to caulk the storage compartments better.
Overall-very pleased with the unit for the price.
Total Loss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:19 PM   #5
Have had our 3010DS for almost 2 years now, had a few issues in the begining but the factory took care of them. Couldnt be happier with it, I will definitely buy another Forest River unit when the time comes.
Kevin & Judy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 04:58 PM   #6
Love my Sunseeker will love it more if I ever get everything repaired on it
i2015 sunseeker 3050s. 2007 saturn aura
Boso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #7
We have owned two Sunseekers. The first a 2102 2300, when we first got it we had a few minor issues which were quickly fixed by the dealer. In the five years we had the unit we had no other issues except for a Michelin tire recall and we got new tires after four years. We just traded the 2300 for a 2016 2700DS we have camped 9 days in the new unit and our only issues have been an improperly installed drawer latch and a hard to open microwave. So far we are very happy.
2016 Sunseeker 2700DS
2010 Jeep Liberty Toad
tlf65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #8
Love ours as well, no matter what RV manufacturer forum you look on there is going to be issues. RV's are like boats you are always going to be throwing $$$ at them.
2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS
TOAD: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Black Bear Edition
Eagles609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:34 PM   #9
Looking Down Range
We are completely satisfied with our rig. Like with any RV, it takes a bit to work out the 'bugs.' We did a LOT of research before deciding on Forest River and super glad we went with them.
2014 Forester 3051S
2013 Ford Focus
SkipnTerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:43 PM   #10
Just got my 2015 Forest River Rockwood Sig Ultralite 5er in May this year. I have had very few quality issues, a screw here, a little caulk there. Nothing I wouldn't have expected from a condo on wheels. My dealer however is Awesome! I watched them reassemble everything before my walk through. They had that thing torn apart double checking everything. They even pulled and repacked my wheel bearings. I asked him why and he said because that sticker right there has our name on it. And your rig sitting on the side of the road or in the shop is bad advertising. Vicars Trailer Sales in Taylor, Michigan.

jheacox1 is offline   Reply With Quote