Old 03-29-2016, 08:48 AM   #1
Tinkerer and Putterer

Installed a Progressive Industries Line Conditioner

I just installed one of these units after the power relay and before the power panel. My genny loves me for it.

Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea

Before this unit was installed the devices would kick on and place a load on the generator before it was at full power. Now the test sequence on the line conditioner/surge protector will not allow power to flow to the RV until the generator is at full voltage and even then it waits an additional 60 seconds which gives the genny a chance to fully spin up. The net result is that my generator no longer bogs on start up and I don't get any light flickers. That alone is worth the added cost to me but the added protection for my electrical devices and error codes for troubleshooting are wonderful bonuses as well. Would Forrest River ever consider offering these line conditioners as an option on their RVs? It seems to me that adding one of these as part of a power package could cut down on electrical failures under warranty and could lead to better customer satisfaction provided they are made aware of the presence of it and what it does. There's always a gotcha in there some where isn't there?

It installed perfectly under the bed next to the voltage converter for the 12V devices and looks like it has always been there. I'll be happy to post a few pics if it would help move the needle on considering this as an option. I normally don't write posts like this but I'm always looking for ways to improve functionality in my rig and this line conditioner really impressed me. I think it could really go a long way in reducing warranty claims and improving the RV experience for other FR owners. I am in no way affiliated with this company but boy am I glad I found their product.

Old 03-29-2016, 09:05 AM   #2

Sounds like your Gen or transfer switch need attention! Very few Gen will produce full output when started "Under Full Load"!

Old 03-29-2016, 09:30 AM   #3
Tinkerer and Putterer

It produced 7 amps on startup with the AC running and not a full 30 amps. Poor choice of words on my part. I really meant to say that the strain on the generator on startup is greatly reduced and it no longer drops its RPMs on startup when the AC initially kicks on.
Old 03-29-2016, 09:56 AM   #4
Citrus County, Fl.

Not sure what unit you have or what brand of transfer switch but I would highly suggest checking the tightness of the lugs on the transfer switch every six months to make sure nothing has come loose. Don't ask me how I know
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_085448.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	193.0 KB
ID:	103192   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160305_085425.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	213.0 KB
ID:	103193  
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 04:45 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyGuy View Post
I just installed one of these units after the power relay and before the power panel. My genny loves me for it.

Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea

Before this unit was installed the devices would kick on and place a load on the generator before it was at full power. Now the test sequence on the line conditioner/surge protector will not allow power to flow to the RV until the generator is at full voltage and even then it waits an additional 60 seconds which gives the genny a chance to fully spin up. The net result is that my generator no longer bogs on start up and I don't get any light flickers. That alone is worth the added cost to me but the added protection for my electrical devices and error codes for troubleshooting are wonderful bonuses as well. Would Forrest River ever consider offering these line conditioners as an option on their RVs? It seems to me that adding one of these as part of a power package could cut down on electrical failures under warranty and could lead to better customer satisfaction provided they are made aware of the presence of it and what it does. There's always a gotcha in there some where isn't there?

It installed perfectly under the bed next to the voltage converter for the 12V devices and looks like it has always been there. I'll be happy to post a few pics if it would help move the needle on considering this as an option. I normally don't write posts like this but I'm always looking for ways to improve functionality in my rig and this line conditioner really impressed me. I think it could really go a long way in reducing warranty claims and improving the RV experience for other FR owners. I am in no way affiliated with this company but boy am I glad I found their product.
I have used line conditioners at work and at home for decades. the line conditioners eliminated most of the electrical problems that my computers and other sensitive equipment had from unreliable electric service.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led