Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-22-2015, 09:33 AM   #21
Wait till next year...

Use the Wifi Ranger without the Go2 router. Really didn't need the router as we only use camp wifi for email and some quick yelp info. We were at a state park this year with wifi supposedly only around the office that the ranger was able to pick up at our site
2023 Geo Pro FD19 "Almost there"
2022 Race Car Red HR Long Ford Transit 250 "The Iwish Roamer"
n-e-d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:05 PM   #22

We have the same setup. How did you hang the unit on the wall like that? We don't see any places on the underside for hooks, etc.
2015 Coachmen Freelander 22QBF | 1980 Toyota truck toad

Stinkielee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2016, 09:11 PM   #23

BTW, the setup was not as simple as what we believed. Code vs Passphrase vs Key was confusing. We finally got it to work, but no clue how we finally did it.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 AM   #24

For those of us that are IT inept, and can barely do email.....I highly recommend TechnoRV as a source for a wifi repeater. I recently bought my WiFi repeater and my cell booster from them solely because of the technical support they offer. Both installs went extremely well. A couple email questions were answered by the owner or TechnoRV in minutes. My system works fantastic.WiFi from McDonalds or Starbucks from up to a 1/2 mile away. Wonderful addition to my trailer.
Rbertalotto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 06:19 PM   #25

Getting back to our Jefa system, we are at the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas and we think that they have been able to block our repeater. We were ok the first day, but now cannot connect at all. I could understand if we were streaming Netflix or doing a lot of downloading, but we just use it to check email and the stock market (LOL).

Old 04-19-2016, 07:31 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinkielee View Post
Getting back to our Jefa system, we are at the Oasis RV Park in Las Vegas and we think that they have been able to block our repeater. We were ok the first day, but now cannot connect at all. I could understand if we were streaming Netflix or doing a lot of downloading, but we just use it to check email and the stock market (LOL).
Try to connect directly using one of your devices, Cell Phone, laptop, etc. You may need to go to a spot where there is a stronger signal since you won't have the boosting power of the repeater system. Verify that the wifi is up and working.
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 06:11 AM   #27

Quote:

is the parks WiFi service and open or paid connection?
newRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:12 AM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

In parks that are paid WiFi they allow one or two connections. The JEFA system reads one connection but you can operate as many units as you want until the band width runs out. Maybe the park can detect this system and block you out.
elind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016, 09:27 AM   #29

Stinkielee
Just confirming that you have powered off and on and then attempted to reconnect to the Oasis wifi. They may log everyone out nightly and require a re-login each day.

Also, I had to update my Jefa Tech software when I finally installed mine since it had been awhile since I had used it. You should have a message from them after your root login if you need to do this. Of course you need to be logged in to an internet connected wifi before you can load the software and update (never power off during a software update).

Mounting to cabinet. I used Velcro to attach my Jefa Tech. I did put a small screw in the side of each foot to keep the plastic foot from sliding out. See my post Wi-Fi Repeater Install
Paul

on 2012 4500 Chevrolet Chassis
Paul
B D HOWie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:08 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evereddie View Post
Try to connect directly using one of your devices, Cell Phone, laptop, etc. You may need to go to a spot where there is a stronger signal since you won't have the boosting power of the repeater system. Verify that the wifi is up and working.
Yes, we did this and were able to connect directly with each device. But that sort of makes the repeater useless....

Old 04-27-2016, 02:11 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by B D HOWie View Post
Stinkielee
Just confirming that you have powered off and on and then attempted to reconnect to the Oasis wifi. They may log everyone out nightly and require a re-login each day.

Also, I had to update my Jefa Tech software when I finally installed mine since it had been awhile since I had used it. You should have a message from them after your root login if you need to do this. Of course you need to be logged in to an internet connected wifi before you can load the software and update (never power off during a software update).

Mounting to cabinet. I used Velcro to attach my Jefa Tech. I did put a small screw in the side of each foot to keep the plastic foot from sliding out. See my post Wi-Fi Repeater Install
Paul
They didn't log me out nightly when I was connected directly. I did do a complete reboot, shutdown, unplug, everything I could think of. Nada. The unit works OK in other places we have been.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by newRVer View Post
is the parks WiFi service and open or paid connection?
Open connection with a password. It was included.

Old 04-27-2016, 02:17 PM   #33

Quote:
Yes, we did this and were able to connect directly with each device. But that sort of makes the repeater useless....
Some WiFi systems are set up to block repeaters. Sounds like you found one of those.

I'm using a Wifi Ranger - not really a repeater. I'm not familiar with your unit but with the WR you can use the WiFi Router to share a signal inside the coach without using the Elite Wifi Antenna on the roof. This doesn't look like anything but another wifi device to the campground.
Old 04-27-2016, 02:21 PM   #34

Send a message via AIM to B and B
You should be able to log into the Jefa and copy the Mac address of your phone. This way it see that rather than you repeater mac address. Jefa is just a old Linksys router, kind of a dumb box when it comes to configuration capabilities.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:49 PM   #35
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Sounds like they've blocked the MAC address of the Jefa.
Not hard to monitor bandwidth usage and block addresses that go over limits.

I know you've said you only check email and the stock market but somehow you've used enough bandwidth to be put on their black list.

If you plan to stay there a while, short of changing your MAC address, I would ask the campground what the limitations are, explain what you are using the internet for and ask to be white listed. That should get you up and running again.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=64
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:53 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5picker View Post
Sounds like they've blocked the MAC address of the Jefa.
Not hard to monitor bandwidth usage and block addresses that go over limits.

I know you've said you only check email and the stock market but somehow you've used enough bandwidth to be put on their black list.

If you plan to stay there a while, short of changing your MAC address, I would ask the campground what the limitations are, explain what you are using the internet for and ask to be white listed. That should get you up and running again.
That's a good idea but the WiFi may be managed by a third party who is not normally on site. It's possible no one at the campground knows much about it. For sure go and talk to them to see what can be done.

2013:31 / 2014:51 / 2015:58 / 2016:37 / 2017:46
2018:16
Total 239
Evereddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #37

We use ours mounted in the overcab bunk; rather than try to solve the cabin penetration problem. But in 99% of the instances it work fine where only about 50% of the campgrounds can provide reliable coverage over the whole park - either get a space close to the office or have to take the laptop down there,
geri
Geri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led