Old 08-24-2015, 05:20 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cfritts View Post
Note the original poster's last question was not answered.

"How is the "W" framed to allow the large slide and still have the needed strength?"

I have a 2401W for about a month now and I am really concerned about this issue. Once you activate the slide out you are no longer level, there is a HUGE lean to the driver's side. Over by the door is level. The kitchen counter is level. The bath floor is level but the dinette floor is very much not level.

Very concerned regarding the issues this may cause in the future.
I thought the RV's had air springs that were supposed to automatically keep it level?

Old 08-24-2015, 06:08 PM   #12
Class C Representative

Each coach has a frame built from scratch. It starts as single pieces of aluminum and once the weld shop has a build order they have a blueprint of how the frame has to be built. I know the full wall models are reinforced in specific areas. Which specific areas I'm not sure of but I will check with engineering tomorrow and find out.

The ride rite air bags are not available on any MBS chassis'. Mercedes is pretty strict on what is and isn't allowed on their chassis' and that's one thing that isn't

PLEASE do not send questions via Profile comments or Private Message, my inbox fills up too quickly. Post questions in the forum as a new thread so that other users can benefit from the answers. Use Private Messages for sensitive information only (VIN, Contact info or things you do not want the public to see).
Joshua Cavitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 06:29 PM   #13

Well just because (supposedly) they were 'reinforced in specific areas' doesn't dilute the issue that it sags. I went into this with the honest belief that it would not be a problem but it is. I can only imagine what damage will be done by it sagging over time.

I have an appointment with an RV service shop to look at it for that and five other issues so I will see what they say.

I don't expect perfect level but the difference is huge on this.
Old 08-24-2015, 06:44 PM   #14

Quote:
Well just because (supposedly) they were 'reinforced in specific areas' doesn't dilute the issue that it sags. I went into this with the honest belief that it would not be a problem but it is. I can only imagine what damage will be done by it sagging over time.

I have an appointment with an RV service shop to look at it for that and five other issues so I will see what they say.

I don't expect perfect level but the difference is huge on this.
SumoSprings will help you in that "sag" regard as well as overall handling and cure the rock n' roll while driving.

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:53 PM   #15

Josh did you ever get me the specs on the inside storage for all three models?

Thanks
Old 08-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #16

Did you want exact dimensions of each compartment?

I might be able to measure my 2401W before I have to take it in for warranty work tomorrow. If he doesn't reply soon I will start doing that today as available.
Old 08-25-2015, 01:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Did you want exact dimensions of each compartment?

I might be able to measure my 2401W before I have to take it in for warranty work tomorrow. If he doesn't reply soon I will start doing that today as available.
If you have time that would be great!
Old 08-25-2015, 06:49 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Cavitt View Post
Exterior storage

W-50Cu.FT
R-67 Cu.Ft

I'll report back with interior storage size.

There are not cabinets over the bed because of the design and weight in the slide.
Per the Solera Brochure, the R has 75 cu ft and the S has 67 cu ft of exterior storage. W number is correct @ 50, FYI.

http://www.forestriverinc.com/brochu...rabrochure.pdf

(Sold the Vibe 6506)
Pod2Vibe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:42 AM   #19
Class C Representative

We don't do the measurements for the inside storage. I was not aware of this at the time I posted!
Old 08-28-2015, 11:49 PM   #20

Back to this question: "How is the "W" framed to allow the large slide and still have the needed strength?" I have my 2016 Forester in for several issues including the leaning, unlevel-ness of the full wall slide. After inspection by the RV repair shop there is only one support built for the slide, in the middle. This is a big structural flaw in my opinion, I am not an engineer or an RV designer but the large size should have rendered at least two supports, better yet three, certainly one is very inadequate.

Tags
storage