Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2017, 05:35 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenJoe View Post
You might check around your area. I was using an independent auto repair shop that works on public system school buses. They had a lift and were willing to work on the cutaway portion to do the service work. Because they needed the ceiling height to lift a school bus, it also worked for the 2500TS. It was a pretty reasonable way to get things done. Just a suggestion.
Thanks PenJoe for the advice !!!
Wolverine 1945 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 06:11 AM   #22

Are these bags "Independent or Teed" in regards to air Lines? Youroo!!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:17 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
Good Question ???
Seems strange that ours would lose equal amounts of psi ???
Guess it would be real bad if one had 70psi and the other had 40psi !!!
May not handle real well ???
LOL !!!
Old 08-24-2017, 06:36 AM   #24

Mine are independent. Would not want tied together.
Old 08-24-2017, 06:47 AM   #25

I am guessing if we have 2 separate air valves,,,
they must be independent of each other !!!
Old 08-24-2017, 08:11 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
On the Sunseeker, each bag is on a separate line. That is why there is a separate valve in a storage bay on both sides. Personally, I would prefer separate lines because it can isolate a problem. For Wolverine, his appear to be losing air equally on both sides, but it is a leak with a common solution.

What I have done on the 3 pickups on which I have installed Firestone Ride-Rites is to mount the fill valves on either side of the licence plate. Inconspicuous and very convenient. It would be a great asset if those installed on the RVs be mounted in a common place other than inside the storage bays opposite each other. This type of installation is obviously to the advantage of the installer. But I do believe, as Wolverine will attest, that they are not convenient when you have to empty a compartment and then reach in to the valve to check pressure or air them up---twice.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 08:21 AM   #27

Quote:
On the Sunseeker, each bag is on a separate line. That is why there is a separate valve in a storage bay on both sides. Personally, I would prefer separate lines because it can isolate a problem. For Wolverine, his appear to be losing air equally on both sides, but it is a leak with a common solution.

What I have done on the 3 pickups on which I have installed Firestone Ride-Rites is to mount the fill valves on either side of the licence plate. Inconspicuous and very convenient. It would be a great asset if those installed on the RVs be mounted in a common place other than inside the storage bays opposite each other. This type of installation is obviously to the advantage of the installer. But I do believe, as Wolverine will attest, that they are not convenient when you have to empty a compartment and then reach in to the valve to check pressure or air them up---twice.

Right on PenJoe !!!

The one on the Drivers side is in the compartment where the dump valves are,,, so we don't have much in there,,, but the compartment on the passengers is pretty full,,, mainly our little Gas Grill,,, but that is normally outside anyway !!! Drivers side is under a slideout,,,
that can be a head banger !!!
Old 08-24-2017, 09:22 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post

Right on PenJoe !!!

The one on the Drivers side is in the compartment where the dump valves are,,, so we don't have much in there,,, but the compartment on the passengers is pretty full,,, mainly our little Gas Grill,,, but that is normally outside anyway !!! Drivers side is under a slideout,,,
that can be a head banger !!!
Ah, yes. What better place to put an air fill valve than in the "honey hole" compartment. Not much stored there because it is a health hazard, but so convenient to reach your body parts into with an air hose and pressure gauge.
PenJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 06:59 AM   #29

Quote:
Ah, yes. What better place to put an air fill valve than in the "honey hole" compartment. Not much stored there because it is a health hazard, but so convenient to reach your body parts into with an air hose and pressure gauge.
I find that one to be the easy one !!!
Not much to move !!!
Do you not keep your Honey Hole Compartment Clean ???
Old 09-08-2017, 04:11 PM   #30

I've been running 60 in mine and am going to try a bit more on my next trip next week. Normally empty tanks except fuel and the 60 seems close. Mine are Firestone bags and the book says they bleed off a couple pounds in a couple weeks time...a bit of an understatement, usually loose around 5lb in 10 days or so...
Old 09-10-2017, 09:18 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkekflyers View Post
I've been running 60 in mine and am going to try a bit more on my next trip next week. Normally empty tanks except fuel and the 60 seems close. Mine are Firestone bags and the book says they bleed off a couple pounds in a couple weeks time...a bit of an understatement, usually loose around 5lb in 10 days or so...
70lbs seems about right for our 2500TS,,,
Just wish it would stay there,,, we traveled about 100 miles Wednesday,,, I checked the Bags on Thursday,,, and to my surprise they were still about 70 !!!
Most of our trip was on pretty good Interstate,,, but 15 or 20 miles were pretty rough,,, I would love to know why I94 thru Jackson Michigan is so screwed up,
And has been for years ???
Old 09-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #32

Crazy Experience

Greetings . . . just got back from 4th trip this year from New Mexico. Running 80 lbs in my axle bags . . . was attaching tow dolly two weeks ago at our home in Burleson, Texas. I always lay my cell phone on the rear bumper when I'm attaching safety chains on car axles. Drove off . . . lots of turns and a few bumps. Got up on the freeway and had to take the high exchange to I-20 west. 18 miles from our house I remembered the cell phone. D$#n ! ! Pulled in at next exit . . . slowly going over a Hugh speed bump. Was going to take the car off the dolly and go back to my first major turn to see if I had a cell phone somewhere. The wife got out and found the cell phone still on the back bumper. Last year I did have a book ride 70 miles on a trip. The air bags work well ! !
texasbuckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:56 AM   #33

Yes, they do make a difference. Once you Figure out what pressure is the best for your rig.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasbuckeye View Post
Greetings . . . just got back from 4th trip this year from New Mexico. Running 80 lbs in my axle bags . . . was attaching tow dolly two weeks ago at our home in Burleson, Texas. I always lay my cell phone on the rear bumper when I'm attaching safety chains on car axles. Drove off . . . lots of turns and a few bumps. Got up on the freeway and had to take the high exchange to I-20 west. 18 miles from our house I remembered the cell phone. D$#n ! ! Pulled in at next exit . . . slowly going over a Hugh speed bump. Was going to take the car off the dolly and go back to my first major turn to see if I had a cell phone somewhere. The wife got out and found the cell phone still on the back bumper. Last year I did have a book ride 70 miles on a trip. The air bags work well ! !
Sounds like you are One Lucky Buckeye !!!
LMAO !!!

Tags
pressure, suspension